Chapter 06

Skyler sits outside under the shade enjoying her glass of wine with Raymond. They're watching the kids play in the pool. She puts her glass down and look at Raymond.
"So, what are you going to do? You know the law," Skyler says and look at him.
"I want to drag his ass to jail," Raymond replies and look at her as well. "I will talk with her about it whenever she's ready."
"The longer you wait, the smaller the chance gets for him to get what he deserves," Skyler replies and take her shades off her face. "She's such a sweet girl."
"I work with these cases all the time," Raymond says and shake his head slowly. "I feel like catching the first flight and killing him with my bare hands, but I'd rather spend my life free with her than behind bars unable to protect her."
Skyler smiles and look at him. She bites her bottom lip and rest her face against her hand.
"So when are you getting married?" She asks. He chuckles awkwardly and look at her as well. "I think I can have a word with her about Aubrey that might change her mind."
"Well, we haven't set a date yet. I just want to focus on Aubrey now anyway," he replies and scan her face. "I'm...I'm actually having doubts about our relationship."
"What? Why?" She asks unhappily all of a sudden.
"I don't know," he shakes his head looking at Miles that runs to them grabbing his cooldrink en drinking it before running back into the pool. "What happened with their dad?"
"Oh he ran out on me before I even knew I was pregnant," she giggles. "Man on the altar, not me as the bride. See, men. Now, this is actually a very funny story, but I was ready to shoot myself, but instead of pulling the trigger, I passed out. I woke up in the hospital and with a big smile the doctor told me I'm pregnant. Oh I was overfilled with joy. I immediately decided to get myself together and start planning for more than one. I was never meant to be alone, gosh I hate being alone, that's why my kids are my everything."
"So you never moved on?" He asks.
"Not interested," she giggles shaking her head. She looks at Maya that came running out and throwing her with a bucket of water. "Hey!"
She jumps up and grab Maya tackling her to the ground. Maya laughs and try to tickle her mother back. Miles throws water on both of them and grab Skyler's hand.
"No!" She cries out in laughter when Maya got up as well and began pulling her to the pool.
"Aubrey help!" Maya calls her. Aubrey runs to them and go behind Skyler pushing her.
"Hey, I'm not going alone," she giggles and break loose from them running to Raymond. She grab his arm and pull him up. With an awkward chuckle he gets up and stands stil. She pull as much as she can, until he grab her around the body and pick her up running to the pool. He jumps in with her, both landjng in the water. Maya, Miles and Aubrey also jumps in splashing each other.

After the swim and water fight, Skyler got out and dried up her hair. Raymond got out as well just admiring Skyler. She takes a seat on the place she sat before and look at Aubrey that cane to her with the towel around her body.
"Babe, come here," Skyler calls her and tap her lap. Aubrey looks awkwardly at her then at her father. Skyler grab her hand and pull her to her letting her sit on her lap. Shyly, she sits on Skyler's lap facing her. "Relax. I want to ask you a question."
Aubrey takes a piece of her wet hair out of her face. Skyler pulls her closer to her and put her arms around her.
"Are you enjoying your time here?" Skyler asks her. She nods looking down shyly. "Good, because I think we have a date after school tomorrow. You and I can go to the hair salon for a while and afterwards Maya and Miles can join us for ice cream."
Aubrey glances at Raymond that looks at them with a soft look on his face.
"Think we can do with a foot massage. What do you think?" Skyler asks her softly. She giggles and nods her head. "Should we invite dad?"
She shrugs her shoulders and look at her fingers playing with the towel by her lap. Skyler smiles softly at her and just scan the girl's face. Skyler goes to her ear and whisper something that made her burst out laughing. Skyler giggles and let her go when she stood up and ran into the house with Maya.
"You are such a fascinating person," Raymond says out of the blue. She raise an eyebrow and look at him. "The kids adore you, Skyler. I can't tell how much peace I have in my heart with how you treat Aubrey. I don't think her mother even ever expressed her love like this to her."
"Affection, words, feelings, either way, love is love, Raymond. My soul found a daughter," she smiles and pull up her shoulders. "Besides, I love affection and that's my love language."
"I don't know my love language," he chuckles and look away from her with an odd look on his face. She rest her head back and sink into her chair.
"Maybe you should discover it before settling down in marriage, because if you don't know, there's gonna be a lack and soon she won't be living up to it," she replies. He just glares at her before looking away. She sighs and sits forward. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."
"No it's okay," he shrugs his shoulders and look at her. "It makes sense. I just...I'm not even sure...I don't know what I want out of life anymore."