Chapter 02

If Aubrey could pack every little last thing of hers, she would've, but there's a limit of backage on a flight. Alone she walks up the airport to the desk. She ends up in the back of the line. She sighs unhappily and look at a little girl that stands there staring at her. She waves awkwardly at the girl that hid behind her mother's legs.

Raymond waits excitingly for his daughter to arrive, but still he doesn't see her. He has flowers in his hand and a teddy in the other. He looks around impatiently and smile surprised when he finally caught sight of her. She walks up to him and stop with an odd look. He grab her into his arms and hugs her.
"Wow, you recognize me," she says sarcastically. He pulls away and look at her.
"How can I not recognize those beautiful set of eyes?" He asks. She smiles awkwardly. He takes her bags from her and starts walking with her. The whole road to his home, he gave her all the details Sadie and her daughter Samantha. Only the person that he told her, is not the person she met.
Sadie opens the front door. Her jaw drops when she saw Aubrey. Is it the way she looks? Most likely.
"Uhmmm, wow," Sadie scans the girl and look at Raymond that raises an eyebrow at her. "Come in."
They go into the house. Aubrey looks around then at her father.
"Sadie, please meet my daughter, Aubrey. Honey, meet my fiancé, Sadie," he introduce them to each other. "Where's Sam..."
"Not here," Sadie says uncomfortably and look Aubrey up and down in disgust. "Can you wait here? Raymond, can we talk privately?"
He leaves the bags there and wink at Aubrey before following Sadie to the kitchen. She close the kitchen door and turn to him.
"What in the actual fuck is that?" She asks.
"What do you mean?" He asks worried.
"What is she? The devil's child? For goodness sake, Raymond. Look at her. I can't allow her around Samantha. She's a bad influence and it's because of her that kids nowadays turn out rebellious."
"Don't speak of my daughter like that," Raymond says angrily to her. "I haven't seen her in nearly five years. Maybe she is a little different, but she's my daughter."
"No, I refuse. I won't spend even one night with her under my roof..."
Aubrey bites her lip unhappily getting tears in her eyes. Are they even aware that she can hear them? She grabs her bags and rush out the front door going down the road. She can't help herself crying. Her family has thrown her away. First her mom and soon her dad as well.

Skyler pulls heavily on the big pot plant to get it where she wants it, by the entrance of the pathway to her front door. She falls back on her butt looking at Aubrey that walks past her.
"Wait!" She calls and jumps up. "Hey, hey, hey!"
She grabs unto her arm. Aubrey looks at her. Her make up is smudged over her face.
"Are you okay?" She asks looking at the bags then back at her. "Where are you going, hun?"
"I don't know," she shakes her head. Skyler smiles softly and rub her arm.
"You look like a mess, darling. Come in. I'll make you a cappuccino and you can freshen up a little," Skyler says. Aubrey nods hesitantly and decide to follow the stranger into her house.

Aubrey wipes off her face with a wipe and look up at Skyler that gave her a cup and took a seat next to her on the sofa.
"So what's your name?" Skyler asks her sitting back with her own cup in her hands.
"Aubrey," she says and put her cup on the table.
"Well, my name is Skyler," she introduce herself. "Where are you going?"
"I have no idea. I just...I just wanted to get away," she says nodding her head slowly. Skyler smiles hopelessly at her.
"Boyfriend?"
"Parents," she replies looking down then back at her. "They're divorced. I came down to meet my dad's new fiancé and she doesn't like me."
"Why do you say that?" Skyler asks.
"I heard her fighting with dad about my appearance," she replies and take her cup. Skyler looks worried at her. "Just because I'm goth doesn't make me the devil's child."
"Of course not! Is that what she said?" Skyler asks upset. Aubrey nods her head and scan the woman's face. "You know, usually it's people that has a problem with themselves that takes it out on others. Imagine standing in front of the mirror tonight thinking about that one grey hair on your head and not how you hurt someone by bullying them."
"She's actually very beautiful," Aubrey says to her.
"You sweetheart, are the beautiful one," Skyler says giving her a serious look. "If the heart doesn't go with the face, you're ugly. All I see when I look at you, is a girl that went through a lot of shit on her own especially when you didn't deserve it."
"Are you married?" Aubrey asks with an odd look.
"No, I'm a single mom," she smiles happily. "Oh you should meet them. They're twins, Maya and Miles. You will love them. Miles is a gamer, likes to do online streaming and whatever. Maya is a real princess. Although her taste in music sucks a little, she's still awesome."
"I wish my mom could speak like that about me," Aubrey giggles softly and take a sip on her cup. Skyler stops smiling and inhales deeply.
"Listen, I don't want to interfere with you and your parents, but if you don't feel like going home, you're more than welcome to stay here. It's very dangerous out there alone, especially for a young lady," Skyler says. She nods her head slowly.