Chapter 05

It's been quite some time now that Aubrey's been living with Skyler. For Skyler, she found the one soul she can finally connect with. She opens the door to Raymond and invite him in. He enters the house and look around.
"She's still in the bath. I'll quickly go call her," Skyler says to him with a smile and go up. Raymond watches her leave before his attention got drawn by Miles that's playing games.
Skyler knock on the door, but it's very quiet. She knocks again and put her ear to the door.
"Aubrey?"
"Come in," she replies. Skyler goes into the steamy bathroom. Aubrey is laying in the water just staring ahead of her. Skyler smiles at her and go take a seat on the toilet next to the bath.
"Dad is here," she says. Aubrey rest her head back and look at Skyler. "Hey, you okay?"
"So many times, I thought about drowning myself. I knew back then that if I did so, no one would notice. No one would even care. I thought about it again now, but then I knew that you will find me and the last people I want to hurt now is you, dad, Maya and Miles."
"Well, sometimes we want to die," Skyler tells her. "Other times, we want to live. Why are you alive, Aubrey? Is it for your dad? For me? Who's it for?"
"I don't know," she replies and look sadly in front of her. "On one stage, it was for...for Adrian. He made me swore to death that I will never give up on life."
"Was he good man?" Skyler asks with a little smile. "Did he care more about you than your mom?"
"On many levels yes and no," she whispers and sinks deeper into the water. "Sometimes he was the good man that treated me better than he treated my mom and that made her jealous. Other times, he would be the disgusting man creeping into my room in the middle of the night."
Skyler sits forward looking horrified in front of her.
"Then he would be the gentle man that helps me carry the shopping bags from the car. Then he would be the monster that threatens to kill me or hurt my mom if I say anything," she whispers and look at Skyler. "Does that answer your question, Skyler?"
"Wait, Aubrey on a serious note," she touch her hand that's on the bathtub side. "Did he...did he hurt you? Did...what did he do to you?"
"He had sex with me," she replies and touch the water. "I got tired of saying no, so I didn't say anything afterwards."
"Oh my gosh," Skyler looks down and starts crying. Aubrey sits up straight in the bath looking at her. Skyler tries to dry off her tears, but struggles.
"I'm sorry I upset you," Aubrey apologizes immediately. Skyler shakes her head and stand up straight inhaling deeply to get herself together.
"You didn't upset me," she whispers and finally look at her. "Finish up, my angel. We can talk about it afterwards."
"Okay," she nods worried. Skyler exits the bathroom and go down to the kitchen in horror. She goes by the counter and try to get her breath.
"Your son is very good with games," Raymond chuckles and enter the kitchen. He stops and look worried at Skyler. She looks up and when her breathing couldn't keep her together, she began shaking up with tears. "Skyler? Hey, are you okay?"
She grabs her face and rest it on the kitchen counter
"Hey, hey, hey, what's the matter?" He touch her back gently. She shake her head.
"Mom?" Miles enters the kitchen worried. She shake her hand at him and stand up straight.
Miles goes up to his room knowing his mother hates it when they see her weak.
"Skyler?" Raymond stand in front of her. She dry up her tears and hug herself. "What happened? Is it Aubrey?"
She nods her head and place her hand on his shoulder. He looks worried at her.
"I'm going to fix myself," she whispers and goes up to her room. Raymond stands confused there and run his hand over his mouth. Aubrey comes down dressed as the usual with a strange look on her face.
"Hey, what happened between you and Skyler?" Raymond asks her worriedly when he saw her.
"Nothing," she replies and scan him from her to toe. "I...I might've told her something that could upset her, but it wasn't my intention for it to hurt her."
"What did you tell her?" He asks. She remains quiet and just stare at him. "Aubrey? What happened?"
"I'm scared, dad," she whispers. "I'm scared of going home. I'm scared of leaving this place and I'm scared of you."
Skyler comes running down. She grabs Aubrey into her arms and hold her tight. Raymond takes a seat trying to put together what she's trying to say.
"Why are you scared of me, Aubrey. Did I do something wrong?" Raymond asks with tears in his eyes. She shakes her head and look at Skyler that pulls away and dry up her tears. "Wait, did someone hurt you?"
"You are a strong girl," Skyler says to her and touch her cheeks. "What happened, shouldn't have happened and I'm proud that you pushed through, okay? I love you, Aubrey."
"I love you," Aubrey says with a big smile and tears in her eyes.