Chapter 54- Unconsciousness

" Good morning brother, have you seen Katherine this morning? I went to her room but she wasn't there," Anna said.

" Call that pest guy and find out, she might have gone to him"

" I've done that, he said she isn't there," Anna said and my heart instantly tugged in worry.

" What about Jordan?"

" I don't want to talk to that pig," She said with a sour face.

" Is there something going on between the two of you that I should know about?" I asked switching to protective older brother.

" No, no, there's nothing between us I hate him so much,"

" If that's the case, you have his number?"

" Somehow I do," I raised my brows at her and she said had nothing going on with him.

" Wipe that look off your face, it was Katherine who put his number in my phone and I didn't see the need to delete it, see, we need it now,"

" Whatever, give me the number,"

She called the number for me and I dialed it, it rang about three times before he picked up.

" Hi, I'm Luca, Katherine's boss, is Katherine with you?"

" No, she's not here, why?"

" Oh nothing," I ended the call and turned to Anna.

" She's not there too," Where could she be? She was sick.

" I think she has another friend, what's her name again,.." She made a thinking gesture before turning to me like she had remembered what she was trying to.

" Debbie or something, but I don't have her number, we'll just have to wait for her to call us,"

" Let's hope so," I couldn't shake off the weird feeling that something wasn't right.

" I'll go back inside brother, if she calls you by any chance let me know so I can stop worrying,"

" I will," I said as I got into my car driving out of the mansion.

# #

" Sir, Lora Smith is here to see you," my secretary said over the phone.

" Let her in,"

A knock came on my door before the door opened to reveal my private investigator.

" Good day Sir," She said as she walked into my office taking a seat in front of me.

" What did you find?" I asked, going straight to the point.

" A lot Sir," I leaned forward resting my hands on the table as I waited for her to tell me whatever she had found.

" It happens that your maid Katherine Westbrook is from one of the prestigious families in England,..."

I raised my brows in confusion, then why was she working as a maid? I didn't ask questions, I let her continue.

" Her family was involved in a fire accident which killed both her parents, leaving just her,..." That explains why she kept repeating fire and calling for her Mom and Dad when she saw that package and then the burn on that gown, now everything was making sense to me.

…" that was when she moved to Italy, it was painted as a fire accident but I don't think it is, from my research her mom used to play the instruments mainly the piano and violin for the nobles while her father owned a music school so they were quite wealthy, I went through your CCTV footages from the day the package was delivered and previous weeks, I noticed the appearance of someone lurking around in several different videos and pictures, and it appeared to be the same person, the problem is the face wasn't revealed, right now it's safe for your maid to stay indoors until we get this person or her life might be in danger,"

I jumped out of my chair, Lora looking at me in confusion.

" We have to call the police, I don't want to sit here thinking everything is okay and Katherine might have actually been kidnapped,"

" What do you mean sir?" She asked.

" We have been unable to reach her and she wasn't home this morning, she was sick, I don't know why she would suddenly disappear from the house and nobody can reach her."

" But according to the law, we can't declare her…"

" I don't give a shit about that, let's go,"

*********

I groaned as I opened my eyes but I was covered with darkness like I was blindfolded. I tried to move but I felt restrictions, like I was tied to a chair, to test if my assumption was right I tried to move but I couldn't, I was actually tied.

I felt like I was high on something, it felt weird. I started feeling weak again, and without meaning to I fell into unconsciousness.

I woke up to the sound of murmuring, people were talking and they sounded so far off yet so close. I suddenly felt a presence beside me and fingers ran from my neck up to my head and I felt fingers comb through my hair, I felt too weak to even move.

A voice I recognized quite well suddenly spoke into my ear and I shivered in disbelief.

" Sleep now, it's not yet time for the fun to begin," And then a needle was pierced into my neck and I fell into unconsciousness yet again.