"You sound sarcastic." Phew, she got it.

"Now what are we going to do about the older and white version of you in our living room?" She asks.

"Nadia, I'm offended by your description.

"Because you know I'm not wrong." She protests. "Now go out there and attend to her before she burns our house down with her evil stares."

Oh well.

I make my way to the living room and Madam Beaufort sits there in all her earthly glory, as she reeks of Chanel, Prada, Revolve, Balenciaga and Victoria's secret scents. She never misses, that's what I learnt from her. Is Nadia right though? I'm I really just a younger version of this woman? Well it shouldn't be strange right? After all she raised me, and for a long time she was all I ever knew, all I ever dreamed of, and I fucking adored her.

"I preferred your condo in New York." She sighs. "This is low, even for you." Her eyes meet mine.

"When in Rome-"

"Fuck around and act anything but Roman." She finishes for me, but not what was going to say, in fact the direct opposite, her very own version of the saying. I used to like it, but now I don't know how I feel about it.

"Well there's no space to fuck around in this Rome."

"A Hockey neighborhood? Really?" She's serious now, the time time fucking around is over. "I thought you learnt your lesson in college, and now you boss them around, but living with them, I never thought you'd go that far."

"Part of the job, Madam, something you'd never know because you've never had to work your entire fucking life."

"And I passed the grace to you, but you decided to work, that's not on me." She attempts a smile, but it comes off as an evil grimace.

"I'll get to the real reason I am here." She throws what looks like an invitation card to me. It looks familiar, and I look at her. "You should open that, it's for both of us."

I shoot her a glare and she shoots one back. I open the card to see an invitation to a Victoria's Secret fashion show in London. London. My home. The only home I know.

I look up at her. She knows I can't pass this up. She knows I'm going with her and she knows she couldn't be more right. She wins, only for now.

"But it gets worse." She smiles and it slowly turns into a frown. "I looked into it and discovered that hockey players are invited." I cock my head to the side. "I just don't know which." She suddenly looks like she's going to Einstein her way out of it.

"It's the Krakens." Nadia waltzes in. "Last night my Dad accepted an invitation for them, and he called me to talk about it."

"The what?" Madam Beaufort asks.

"Krakens." Nadia and I chorus.

"Ohhhhhh, their jerseys are everywhere in this neighborhood." Madam Beaufort gives a knowing look, and that's when I notice the shopping bags littered all over the living room floor. "Now don't be offended, I did some shopping for you."

"You're the worst." I glare at her.

"And yet you give a fuck about me."

"I love your relationship." Nadia laughs, pointing her annoying fingers at the both of us.

"Shut-up!" Madam Beaufort and I chorus at the same time.

Well then, I might just be a younger version of her after all.

━━━━━━━

To our Dear Madam Beaufort and our Dearest Miss Ivy Martins,