22. IT'S OKAY DARLING, I GOT YOU

“Who are you to decide my bedtime?” 

“And yet you followed me to my hotel room.” Madam Beaufort rolls her eyes.

“I left some of my stuff here.” I pretend to get busy.

“No you didn't, you'd never leave your stuff around me, ever since you became a teenager.”

“I do not want to bond.”

“And neither do I, get out.” 

I feel uneasy, like good uneasy and at the same time nervous. I'm pacing around my hotel room door and it hits me that Terence's door is just two doors away from mine. 

Who to call? I have no friends. Except Nadia. But she also has a busy day tomorrow so she'd be asleep by now. 

Jesus, Ivy, just go to bed. There's no way you'd have known he'd be in the same hotel. And that means all the other Krakens are in the same hotel, and Coach Mike and Nick who knows we were fucking in his penthouse…..and that hotel is here. 

And there you have it. Your sign to go to bed. 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

“Get up.” Those two words pry my eyes open. I was having a really good dream only to open my eyes to a glaring Madam Beaufort.

“How did you get in here?”

“I am Madam Beaufort of London, I can get into anywhere.”

“Go away!” I yell and I stuff my head under my pillow.

“The runway, they're two models short.” Now that gets my attention. But I don't show it, not yet.

“All of a sudden.”

“Two models got in an accident and are currently hospitalized.”

“And?” I know where this is going but I dare ask.

“Some calls were made and I told them you could step in.”

That gets my head out of the pillow.

“You're crazy.”

“And I raised you and look how you turned out, even crazier than me, I hope Tiles knows what he's getting into.”

“Oh he does.” I roll my eyes. “I can't believe you told them I could step in?!”

“You were in Ferragamo's issue last month, and you looked beautiful.”

“A brand, not a freaking runway!”

“Are you going to yell at me or are you going to get ready for tonight?”