12: 𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘𝑠

Start from the beginning

°.•.°•.°•.°

Aizawa stood behind a detective. His twenty third birthday completely forgotten because of the case.

He was currently working under a detective employed at the hero agency he was just accepted into. Aizawa was sort of a "jack of all trades" type. Trying to find out exactly where he fit and sharpening his current skills in the meantime.

The detective he was under was a grim, hardened man. With intelligent yellow eyes and red hair that was fading into a bronze blonde due to age. Aizawa took on his blank expression, waiting for the man to speak.

"This mission is going to be rough. But now's the time to strike if we're going to take them down." The detective said, scratching his beard. "It's going to take stealth. But that's your specialty right?"

Aizawa just nodded. "It won't be a problem."

"Don't be cocky Aizawa, anything could happen in places like this. Keep your eyes peeled." The detective shot him a warning look.

"Yes sir." The young Shota said, kicking himself for seeming arrogant.

"No matter what happens, stay on task."

°.•.°

A lot happened, the building was ablaze. Shota ran with his scarf pulled up over his nose and mouth to try and filter out the smokey air.

He ran through collapsing hallways and dodged burning furniture. He had the hard drive of downloaded information in his pocket. The detective had pressed it into his palm as he slowly died. A large chunk of metal had fallen from the crumbling building and severed his legs. Aizawa tried to drag the man out but he wasn't fast enough.

Now he was the only one on this mission.

He stopped suddenly when he heard something. A child crying out in fear and pain. Aizawa looked around frantically. A kid? In this place? Was this some type of trick?

They had been lured into a booby trap anyways. A bomb going off the moment the detective pulled the hard drive from the computer, the bomb set off a chain reaction that ended up in half the building collapsing.

This could easily be another trap.

But he turned to his left anyways. Following the noise and scanning for the child making it. He ended up in an area that was slightly less destroyed. This was good, he could probably find an exit here if he needed. He turned to a room that had been effected by the explosion. Just half of it was crumbling.

He could see plastic toys and pieces of colored on paper burning in the flames. With building blocks and dolls melting next to a charred mattress.

And there was a child. A young girl with dark eyes and long black hair that was tangled and snagged. She was on the ground with a full grown man fallen on top of her. It looked like he had been carrying her out, likely to take her away before the explosion went off. Running like the rest of the villains.

But they had been too late, the man had died. But his body seemed to have shielded the girl from the rest of the explosion. She was wiggling around frantically, trying to get out from under him. Her hands tied together.

Aizawa hadn't known there were hostages. But still he assumed the girl was a kidnapped civilian.

He didn't waste time trying to figure anything out. The girl cried and whimpered, asking for help even though she wasn't even able to see him. Aizawa ran and grabbed the shoulders of the fallen man. He was just Some minor henchman to the main villain here. The man was heavy and muscular but Aizawa shoved him over and rolled him away.