11. At Uchiha's

Y/n

I looked up at the amount of dishes that I was preparing, realizing how doomed I was. I set the last pot off the stove and took it to the table.

I checked the time and it was lingering around lunchtime. I decided to take a quick shower to feel light. The pots were covered and left to cool down a little before I had it.

I hopped inside the shower, finding all the necessities but only for one-time use. I need to go for a little shopping spree. Yume went overboard with giving me money, and so did I while bringing all my savings here. I have no idea about how costly the village is so just in case, the overboard might become helpful.

I got out of the shower and changed into a long floral dress with ruffles at the bodice. I rummaged through the bags, realizing I forgot to bring the dryer. I put on my magenta cardigan as I pat dry my hair. The front doorbell rang, making me jump a little at the sudden guest's arrival.

I went ahead to check. I looked through the peephole, it was Itachi. I opened the door with the towel in my hand.

"Hello, Sorry for interrupting. Were you in the shower?" He asked, nervously smiling.

"I got out some while ago. Come inside! I prepared so much for lunch, thank God you're here. Did you have your lunch?" I asked, opening the door wide for him to walk inside.

"Oh.. Umm.." He looked over at the dining table as he walked in, turning to me with a sheepish smile and eyes.

"Yes?"

"I was here to invite you over to my house. Mom was giving me an earful for not calling you over for lunch. She wants to thank you in person for taking care of Sasuke,"

I softly laughed with shy eyes, "But what about all those now.. Oh! Will it be okay if I pack some for your family.. That's a nice idea. Wait!" I said, locking the door and walking straight to the kitchen to look for boxes.

"No need Y/n, it's alright!"

I turned to him, "I insist. Please," I said, smiling.

He came inside the kitchen, standing by the entrance quietly as he watched me scurry around the kitchen with the packing. "Not gonna lie, I'm surprised how everything is accessible here in the apartment. " I said, genuinely surprised and low-key impressed.

"Not to brag but.. yeah.. It was me,"

"hmm?" I looked over at him.

"The Hokage gave me the responsibility to make this apartment like an actual home. I did my best to prepare it likewise.."

"No way.. "

"No, for real. This apartment building is mainly managed by the Uchiha clan for important guests and people. I was in charge of preparing this one, specially asked by the Hokage himself. I'm glad that you loved it."

"Now that you mentioned it, I'm seeing the efforts in every corner," I said, looking around the place before turning to him. "Thank you so much,"

He laughed gently, making me smile. "The amount of times you've thanked me, Maybe I wasn't thanked this much by anyone in my life."

"Did I?"

"Yes, Miss. You did,"

"I've never received so much from someone so you earned it."

"I'm only doing my job,"

"Well, Picking up my bag and saving me from unfavourable questions weren't your job," I said, looking up at him.

Itachi

She caught onto that..

I watched her smile at me, making me only stare at her even when her gaze turned to the boxes. She carefully put the food inside, doing some little work done too to make the boxes seem appealing. A smile stretched on my face as I slowly looked up at her while she did her job.