chapter 2: becoming an agent (yay!)

y/n pov:

he had finally reached what looked like an exit after following the inkling with yellow hair. there was a ladder leading up to another grate.

he lifts up the grate a bit to see the yellow inkling talking to another one who was wearing a dark gray kimono.

???: MARIE!!! i just met a human!!!

Marie: uh-huh sure you did.

???: and i have proof!

she then shows the inkling called marie her phone that had the photo of him and her.

Marie: oh my cod!

???: see i told you!

the yellow inkling looked at marie with a smug smile.

Marie: you've gotten REALLY good with Photoshop!

as soon as she said that the inkling's smile immediately disappears.

Marie: now how's about you go complete some levels.

???: oh c'mon marie im not lying!

Marie: well if that guy is a real human then why isn't he here with you?

???: uhh ummm be-because-

he cut her off by lifting the grate up completely and climbing out of the grate.

y/n: HELLO! i come in peac-

the inkling in the kimono pulled out something that looked like a sniper rifle and immediately shot him in the arm, causing him to fall to his knees while clutching his arm.

y/n: OW!!! what was that for?!

the yellow inkling looked at him as he was in immense pain and then at the other inkling a bunch of times.

???: SEE he's real!

Marie: i... i can't believe it, an actual human, right here before my eyes.

she was completely shocked and stared at him for a while before putting her gun away.

Marie: hey uhh s-sorry for shooting you!

y/n: it's fine.

he slowly got up while rubbing his arm.

y/n: so uhhhh who are you two?

marie: i'm marie and this is agent 4, we're both part of the new squidbeak splatoon a secret society of heroes who save the world from octarians. and by now you've probably heard that the great zapfish that powers inkopolis square is missing. well it's not just missing it's been squidnapped by the octarian menace!

y/n: ...uhhh i totally understand everything you just said!

marie: good, so i need YOU and agent 4 to go get the great zapfish back from those slimy octarians! what do you say? are you in?!

y/n: sure why not.

agent 4 silently celebrates behind marie. seemingly really excited to have a teammate.

marie: but you'll have to stay here for now, because i don't really think you can help out that much since your not an inkling like me and four.

After hearing that, agent 4 immediately stopped celebrating.

agent 4: OH COME ON!

y/n: so i'm just gonna be providing emotional support?

marie: yeah basically! so you can stay here with me, and agent 4 can go complete some levels.