Chapter 27

(Ela's POV)

Only need the light when it's burning low

Only miss the sun when it starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low

Only hate the road when you're missing home

Only know you love her when you let her go.

They say you don't miss what you never knew. Maybe that was why it hurt so much to be alone. Because for a brief time she knew what it was like to be loved and surrounded by other people. Especially Anna.

.

I am surrounded by my family. The air light and warm and clear. Everything felt right and safe.

Then the next moment they were gone. I was left standing alone on an icy floor with every corner shrouded in darkness. It was cold, so so cold. I tried to reach out, to find someone, anyone in the abyss. I tried to call out but all I heard was a sickening crack. Like the crack of young Anna's head hitting the floor after I struck her. Looking down I saw that the ice I was standing on was cracking too. Jagged lines rapidly spreading. Another crack and I fell. I fell and fell and fell. Deeper into the darkness below. Hitting the ground with a thud. I tried to move but was frozen in place by my own ice.

Looking up I saw a pinprick of light. It grew larger and with it my hope but they were dashed when the faces came into view. Leering, distorted versions of my family looked down on me with malice in their gaze. Silhouetted by the now harsh light their figures loomed over me. Darkness closed in so that I could barely breathe.

I woke up suddenly. Shaken from the dream. After a few minutes my senses started to come back to me as the vivid nightmare faded slightly.

Then I noticed.....

Great just when I thought it couldn't get any worse.........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Jack's POV)

Going to see Elsa again. More to convince Bunny and North that I'm doing something than anything else. After all I've already got the most out of her so really they all need to pull their weight. I'm doing just fine. But anyway because I'm soooo nice (and definitely not just wanting to avoid their wrath/mockery) here I am back again.

I came in thorough the window again. It was getting to be my signature style after all. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't that.

"Was Pitch back? Are you okay? Are you dying? How bad is it? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Yeah so, I haven't exactly had any medical training so forgive me for my ignorance. But I think I did pretty well considering. I mean how else are you supposed to react when you walk in to see a girl covered in blood.

Ok well not covered per say but there was blood, what seemed like a substantial amount. I suspected shed been stabbed in the gut. But why would pitch do that? He seems to want her alive. Maybe it wasn't Pitch. She doubled over in pain, clutching her stomach, her hands slick with blood. I yanked open the door to call for help. Thank the moon that Tooth chose that moment to fly past on her way back to her palace.

She hurriedly fluttered inside and after a moment of worry, sighed with relief.

"What? Why aren't you panicking or jumping to action or something. I mean she's bleeding out over here and -"

Tooth laughed. LAUGHED?! What was funny about this?

Tooth gently pulled me aside, amid my protests that 'what was she doing, we're wasting time,' And began.;

"well, Jack you see during a certain time of the month women-"

Well that was more than I ever wanted to know.

--------------------------------------------------

(Elsa's POV)

Jack seemed to have a mild panic attack at the sight of blood. My biggest concern was messing up my new dress, a close second were the cramps. I felt slightly queasy and was not in a place to try and talk to him or calm him down.

My saving grace was Tooth. She came in and pulled Jack aside while giving me a knowing and apologetic smile. I'm not sure why that irritated me so much when all she seemed to be doing was help. I think at least.

Jack left pretty quickly after that and I can't really blame him. But later that day there was a knock on the door. Jack came in shuffling his feet awkwardly. His eyes were downcast and he awkwardly mumbled something before holding out his hand towards me. I was confused before realising that there was something in his hand. He was giving me...Chocolate!

I felt a small prick of warmth inside and smiled, genuinely smiled at him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to ChibiFoxGrl for the idea for this chapter. Go check out their awesome original story Ferals.

~Till next time (and sorry for lack of updates)~