Chapter 14

(Elsa's POV)

First thing next morning as I was just waking up, North barged into my room. In his usual no nonsense way he herded me outside and down the hall before I even had time to process what was happening. Next thing I knew I found myself in front of ... a sleigh?

"Right!", North announced, "in you go, we are visiting Tooth Fairy today."

Still very confused and half asleep I climbed into the sleigh. I had barely sat down when I was jolted backwards. The sleigh had already started moving, WITH ME IN IT. For the first time since waking up I fully processed what was going on.

"Ah, wait! Where are we going, what's going on?"

We were speeding down a tunnel now. As we rounded a bend I could just make out the exit. An exit that just ended?! Oh my goodness, he was driving me off a cliff. I hunkered down in the back corner of the sleigh waited for impact. But it never came. Peeking over the edge I could see that we were flying. This was certainly an interesting way to start the day. I think North was trying to talk to me but I didn't really care anymore. Wherever he was taking me, there was nothing I could do about it. It didn't help that with the wind rushing by it was hard to hear anything.

 It was a sunny day I think, then again by comparison to Pitch's lair anything was sunny. But I felt like this was an actual sunny day. Looking up I could see bits of snow being carried along by the breeze as it whipped passed the sleigh. It was although I could almost see the wind itself. I slowly raised up my left hand above the rim of the sleigh. The wind rushed through my fingers, crisp and cool. I hadn't felt wind in a long time. How long I didn't know but it felt good. It must have been a blustery day because it almost felt like the wind was... playful. It danced around my hand and before I knew it, we had stopped. I dropped my hand and looked at Nort who had just jumped down and was talking to someone. I wasn't even halfway out the sleigh myself before a flurry of wings appeared in front of me.

"Elsa! It's so good to see you. I've just been telling the girls about you and they are so excited to meet you. Of course some of them are collecting teeth right but many of them are here. By the way I love your hair, I have feathers you see and it's pretty but not like yours. Oh! And did I mention that-"

"Tooth calm down," North interjected. "Give the girl a chance to process everything."

"Oh, right. Sorry of course."

"Well, I'll be off then."

With as much haste and this morning, he was off. Disappearing before I had time to even think about asking a single question. 

------------------------------------------------------------

--Pitch's Lair—

"Yes, yes, this will work perfectly. All I have to do is make sure the timing is just right. Ooh, this is one of my better schemes if I do say so myself. And when I'm through they're all going to pay. Especially that stupid girl! Messing with MY plans, who does she think she is to defy me. And after all I've done for her too. She should be grateful, when she realizes she'll come crawling back and then--"

"Uhhh, boss?" One of his henchmen started.

"What!" snapped back Pitch. Then in a low hiss, "What have I said about interrupting me when I'm maniacally ranting?!"

"Uhh, It's just that you haven't really done anything to make her grateful to y--. OW!" The second henchmen had jabbed the first in the ribs with his elbow. 

"Uhh, what I meant to say was," he quicky amended, "that she, she, she SHOULD be grateful of course. hah haa..." he laughed nervously.

"I didn't think it was possible to give the lord of darkness a migraine but here we are" Pitch sighed. " Now, you bunch of bumbling buffoons better back your behinds out of my boardroom before I blast you into oblivion!"

"Wow boss, nice alliteratio-"

"I SAID GET OUT!!!"

...it's so hard to find good help these days...