Vol. 9 Chp. 1: Rumors

Start from the beginning

"I've heard that one before. So?"

I wanted his confirmation.

"She's the only 1st year in the student council. In other words, you could say she's slated to become the future student council president."

"The future student council president? Ichinose Honami?" He looked at me until he started laughing... It seems that he found my remark funny.

"You're wrong, Sakayanagi... The next president of the student council has already been decided."

I was slightly intrigued, "Already decided? Ichinose-san is the only 1st year in the student council. She is the only candidate for the moment."

"It is exactly as you said... for the moment," Nagumo stated, "Kagurazaka Norogumi... He is the one who will take my place when I leave this school."

Norogumi wouldn't accept.

"Norogumi-kun, huh?" I smiled, "Do you think he has the potential to become the student council president even after he beat you, Nagumo-senpai?"

I wanted him to become more serious, but I was wrong... He started to smile and leaned on his chair, "Lost? What do you mean, Sakayanagi? It wasn't a match between the two of us."

"What about the volleyball match?" I asked.

His eyebrows slightly twitched, and I was amused by getting a reaction, "I underestimated and didn't see the potential in him."

"I think my curiosity has been satisfied."

"I see."

I was about to leave when Nagumo said something.

"Let me correct here, Sakayanagi. I acknowledge your talent. If you wish to join the student council at any point, I will allow it."

"Thank you. That aside, I'm glad I came here today. I learned the sort of person you are, President Nagumo. At the very least, I'm glad you and I are more alike than I ever was with President Horikita."

I politely bowed my head. I turned around to leave the office.

"You left your hat."

"My, my. Thank you very much."

I took my hat back and was about to leave again when he asked me an unexpected question.

"Sakayanagi, would you happen to know anything about Ayanokouji?"

"Ayanokouji...? I am somewhat familiar with that name. He's a 1st year, is he not?"

"I see, no, it's nothing."

"If necessary, I can investigate him for you, though?" I offered.

"No, I said something unnecessary. Forget it."

"Is that so? Then excuse me."

I opened the door and left the room. To my surprise, a student was waiting outside... it was the first-year student that Nagumo talked about earlier.

Kushida Kikyou.

"Hello, Sakayanagi-san."

"Hello," I slightly smiled, "Do you, by any chance, have business in the student council room?"

"Yeah. I'd apply for the student council. Could it be you're the same, Sakayanagi-san?"

"Something along the lines of that. Please excuse me."

"See you later."

I walked away as I thought about this girl named Kushida Kikyou... I was doubtful about Kushida wanting to join the student council at a time like this.