Chapter 7 ~ road trip ~

Chai Son woke up early and once again his little monkey was wrapped around him like a fingerling toy, he managed to grab his cell phone and saw the time was 6.40am so he crept out of bed and went to shower before dressing in jeans, a tee shirt, and a denim shirt.

He looked through his closet and found some similar garments for Kallan then he laid them at the foot of the bed before heading into his office to make a few phone calls and afterwards he went through to the kitchen to begin breakfast. This morning he decided to make sausages and egg with toast, marmalade and hot coffee.

When it was almost ready he went to wake Kallan who yawned and asked for another five minutes. Chai Son smiled at Kallan before patting him gently on his behind and telling him to hurry and wash up because breakfast was almost ready.

When Kallan finally came through to the kitchen dressed in the clothes that Chai Son had laid out for him, they both sat to eat then Kallan washed the dishes while Chai Son prepared a rucksack with bottled water, snacks, a first aid box, a couple of sweaters and a few other incidentals.

Kallan was curious as to where Chai Son was going to take him, when he had dated in the past he was usually the one to plan excursions like this so he wasn't used to being taken care of in such a way and it felt nice.

When the rucksack was packed and the dishes were done, Chai Son took hold of Kallan's hand before gently pulling him outside then after locking the door of the house and making sure all his tools were secure in his garage, they went to a small shed around the back of the property.

Chai Son pulled open the heavy wooden door and Kallan saw a motorcycle.

"are we riding that?" he asked

"it's the best way to get around up here, why, do you not like motorcycles?" Chai Son asked

"I've never been on one" Kallan replied much to Chai Son's surprise.

"don't worry, I'll take care of you baby" Chai Son replied asking Kallan to hold the rucksack while he went inside the shed to push the machine off its full stand and wheel it out of the shed.

It's chrome work gleamed under the early morning sun and it looked as if Chai Son took care of it but Kallan didn't know much about motorcycles.

"do you think you could wear the rucksack baby or will it be too heavy for you?" Chai Son asked him.

"I think it'll be ok" Kallan replied.

"well if it gets too heavy for you, let me know and I'll have it in front of me" Chai Son said.

Kicking the side stand down, Chai Son went back to the shed and grabbed two helmets before locking the door then he walked over to Kallan and handed him a helmet before putting his on then he wondered why Kallan was just standing there.

"ready when you are baby" Chai Son said.

"I've never put one on before?" Kallan blushed in embarrassment.