•[𝒯𝐻𝑅𝐸𝐸]• 𝐵𝑒𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒹𝑜

"Gibson, where do you think your going ?

Fuck, I knew I wouldn't be able to sneak out. Sluggishly traipsing back to my seat I knew I was in for hell. Why did I even have a detention like I'm 19 years old in a few weeks. Harper was talking just as much as me so I can't understand why Miss Johnson is only deciding to make my life hell and not Harper. At least if Harper was here it wouldn't be so boring.

"Come sit closer to my desk, I don't want to have to shout across the whole room." Miss Johnson raised her voice a little to get her point across. This bitch. Honestly, I was thriving sitting at the back keeping some sweet ass distance between us. It's not that I didn't enjoy looking at Miss Johnson, but her face just made me so angry. I couldn't understand why she makes me so angry, I simply just hated her. Deciding to keep the conversation to an absolute minimum, I just collected my belongings and went to the desk directly adjacent to her desk.

"Happy now?" I tried to not come off as so rude but, I'm not going to be fake around her and pretend she's this really good professor and I learnt so much today when in reality, she is shit and just wants to torture me for the rest of the year.

Her gaze fixated on me, almost as if see was trying to see through me. Like I was a puzzle she desperately wanted to solve. Truth is, I am as straightforward as can be, there is no secrets, nothing to hide. When she finally decides to open her mouth to begin speaking, I am quick to cut her off as I don't want to hear what she has to say.

"Why didn't you give Harper a detention today as well Rebecca?" A scowl covering her face allows me to smirk in victory as I can see I am getting under her skin. I was curious to know why it's just the two of us.

"Avery, how many times am I going to have to tell you, my name is Miss Johnson now." Seemingly staying calm whilst saying it, contradicting the look on her face, she speaks up again in the same soothing tone.

"You know it's Riley not Rebecca?" Almost questioning me like she actually cared about what I had to say. As a matter of fact I didn't know it was Riley. Whether I choose to remember that will depend on how the rest of the detention goes. Deciding to finally respond I keep my eyes on the desk not allowing her looks to consume me.

"I'm sorry" Almost coming out as a mumble, Riley seemingly understanding and lightly responding with a simple nod. Deciding to look proactive, I pull out my notebook and copy down the notes that had been left on the whiteboard, seeing as I decided to neglect my pen in todays lesson.

"You know I could give you a 1-1 lesson if it would help?" A confused look must have displayed across my face as Miss Johnson quickly spoke up again.

"Only because every time I looked in your direction, you was doing anything but writing." Riley almost reassuring me as if she could sense the unease beaming from me. Giving a quick nod, she decided to position her self on the desk beside my own. The crisp scent of her strong perfume invading my senses, with tobacco and vanilla combined with the smell of smoke. Insinuating she had just smoked previously at lunchtime. Sneaky, maybe I will have to ask her where she goes to smoke.