Chapter Eleven „ The Girl with the Pizza „

Around midday the doorbell suddenly rang. Since someone had ordered pizza, I stood up because no one was moving.
I opened the door and stood opposite a girl with long blonde hair, a red hat and a white jacket. She carried an orange pizza bag on her back. I remembered a bag that suppliers always carried when they rode their bikes through the streets. At least that's how it was in Cologne.
But one thing was strange. I knew her from somewhere. But my brain hadn't found a match yet. But after thinking about it for a moment, I had an idea again where I knew her. She was the daughter of Mike Shannon. Sure, of course. I had seen a picture in Mike Shannon's office - I remembered.

Mike came to the door and picked up his pizza and saw first my look, then hers. The look was strange, so strange that I was sure he knew I recognized her from somewhere. He didn't know how.
"Do you know each other?" asked Mike. The girl in the red hat nodded. I didn't notice her red hat at first. "Yes, I think I know her," I answered Mike and didn't know how to phrase it. Leon and Daniel called out from the living room, apparently hungry. But they hadn't even ordered pizza, so they should be a little quieter.
"Well, if that's the case. Then come in if you like," said Mike.

A short time later, Ava was sitting on the red sofa in the living room with Mir, Charlie and Mike. She told us that she had been working in the department store as a janitor for some time.
She said she saw us together in the small room as we hid from security. Mike found it very strange that he hadn't noticed this. But at the same time he was in a good mood. "All right, then let's get to the real thing and that is that we have a space in which all the video recordings come together," said Ava. "I suggest we go there this evening and look for the room. If the police don't find this folder or file, then we have to find it," said Leon and sat down at the wooden table with us. "Alright, that's the only option we have. So then. I hope we find this file. Where do you keep something like that?" asked Mike. "Most of the time, a file like this is stored in so-called black boxes, like on airplanes, but there was a break-in at the department store a while ago. "It could be that the police didn't bring the box back," Ava said. "Yes, that could be the case. But can't you just do it and connect the box and an external storage device and then download the videos and recordings?" Daniel asked, coming out of the kitchen with a glass of Cola." Yes, that can be the case too. But I'm sure that this isn't the only way. But we can hope that the police use the first option," Ava replied.
We agreed to meet in front of the department store at 7 p.m. and then go to the room together where the recordings would be taken. Luckily Ava had the key for this. We just weren't allowed to be recognized.

We set off towards late afternoon. Mike, Leon, Daniel and I decided to go to the department store as a smaller group. Because if we were caught, it would be better to escape with four people than with ten people.
The girls didn't even show up for the last few hours. Daniel said that they were at a birthday party and wouldn't be back until midnight.