An Old Friendship

Start from the beginning

"He don't remember you Sree. By the way where is Ammu and what is she doing?" Papa asked

Just then a bunch of college guys I think came down through the stairs laughing and talking. But when they saw people, they became silent and went out. We were busy watching them. Suddenly a voice was heard.

"Sir aap?"

We turned and saw her coming down in a surprised way. She was sweating and was wearing a red Anarkali.

"Amara beta you?" Papa was also surprised.

She reached near us and stood beside uncle. He was also dumbfound.

"You know each other?" he asked.

"Of course achaa(father) this is my boss" she said and came forward touching papa's feet.

"Boss? So this is your boss that you would die for?" he asked.

"Achaa" she whined.

"She is your daughter?" Papa asked.

"Any doubt? Should I call my wife?" He asked.

Our eyes widened and looked at him, but suddenly they were laughing.

"Uhm.. What is happening here?" she asked.

"Oh sorry. He is Jay. My buddy." uncle said.

"As in Jay Viru wala Jay" she asked the same thing I asked.

"The same" he said.

"Toh sir voh aap ho? aapke kahaniya sun sunke aapke fan hogayi hoon mein. But I didn't expect the twist though." she said chuckling.

"No more sir now. Earlier also I told you so many times to not to call me sir. Now no excuses." Papa said glaring at her trying to sound serious.

"Aur waise bhi who will call him sir and all?" he said.

"Haa meine bhi kaha tha isse ki iss budhe admi ko sir math bulao lekin yeh suni hi nahi" V said.

"Tumse koi poocha?" uncle asked smirking.

"Aapse koi kaha?" V backfired.

Uncle was going to say something but stopped when she spoke. " Uncle bulau?"

"Naam bhi bulau toh bhi chalega jaise bachpan mein karthi thi." papa said smiling.

"Uncle is enough." she said.

"Mein aathi hoon aap log beithein." she said and left when uncle nodded at her.

Well this was surprising.

We all settled down, then maa and aunty came with chai and snacks. Then they started chatting very happily. And for my surprise in Malayalam.

They know Malayalam?

Just then she came down looking fresh and touched the feet of maa.

"Ye ammu hain?" Maa asked.
"Haa ma'a-" she couldn't complete as papa spoke, "Aunty."
We all looked at him. He continued, "Agar main uncle hain toh vo aunty." He stated.
"That's right" maa said.
"Okay aunty aur haa I am ammu"
"Khadi kyu ho baitho aur chai peeyo" maa said smiling and patting her cheeks.
"Mujhse toh kabhi aise nahi kaha sweetheart aapne". V spoke looking disappointed.
"Jalkukda" she said and walked towards us and settled near V.
Again everyone started talking and were asking about me and her since they both knew about V.

"Haa mujhe pata Hain!!! I am unwanted. Can you guys see me I am also here talk about me also ask about me also". V said crying fakely.
"Na aap kuch kuch pooch rahe hain sweetheart aur na app babygirl". He said.