Chapter Thirty Two

Start from the beginning

"Nonsense Hazel, your pen is a great gift." He reassured me, "So do you accept the job offer because if you don't you might be jobless."

"I do accept. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. No go, clean your desk and leave till January 5th."

"Thank you again. Merry Christmas. Tell your wife and kids I wish them a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

"Will do"

I walked out of his office with a cashier cat smile upon my face. I'm finally doing something I've also wanted to do since I was little. I'm not even having 'the change'. This is absolutely amazing. I'm just full of happiness that nothing can bring it down. Oh who should I tell fist. Jimmy? My mom? Stella? Dad? It's only eight in the morning back in the states. I should call my parents. Hopefully dad isn't working at the moment. I walked over towards my desk as fast as I could to ring up my folks. I spun the house number, not even sitting down. A few rings went by before my mom picked it up.

"Hello Cunningham residence."

"Ma its Hazel I've got some great news but first is Dad with you?"

"No sweetie he just left. What's the news?"

"Second are you sitting down?" I asked.

"Well know I am. Now what's the news? You're not pregnant are you?"

"No Ma I'm not even married. However back to the news. You know ever sing since I heard Mr. Sandman?"

"Yes dear. It was your favorite song when you were five. Always put you and your brother to sleep. I would always hear you sing it, even hum it when I told you not to sing it."

"Well...I got a record deal. I'm going to be a singer."

"My goodness Hazel. Im so proud of you. You bring such joy and pride to this family. Unlike your siblings."

"Why do you say that?" I asked before taking a sigh, I hate talking about this, "You know Lisa's a smart girl. I'm sure she'll be home soon."

"Lisa's never coming home. I know it and she's dead to me. I've should have never let her hang out with that Lori girl. Nothin but trouble."

"Ma you said the same thing about Stella and look..."

"She got pregnant."

"...after high school." I sighed not wanting to talk about it, "Anyways, what's up with Christopher?"