27.

Despite the reluctance of his pack members, Prachaya was not the one to rest. Besides, it would be his alpha's first blue moon in moon tribe, so he wanted to make it special. And that is why, right now, he was having a short meeting to have an idea of progress in his absence.

" Our chief had sent me with his message" The lithe omega ambassador of Merab pack, straightened his stance imitating his alpha chief " Moon tribe you have been our truest friend and dearest neighbour since centuries. We have countless memories and bonds connecting and strengthening our love and faith in the other. Merab  would love moontribe could celebrate this blue moon festival with us. "

" I think we should take up Merab's offer to celebrate blue moon in their pack."  One of the elders spoke over their pack mindlink.

" Everything is not ruined. We can still celebrate it here." One of the enforcers instantly spoke up " We will work hard."

" We don't need their charity " Sai hissed in mindlink, glaring at the Merab's ambassador. " they are pitying us."

" Sai " Prachaya chided " It's not charity. We have had countless interactions and cross boundary trades with them.  They are extending a helping hand as neighbour. "

After the destruction  havoced by Sveltons, everything was in various stages of ruin. The black goo had eaten up everything in its path. Most of the homes had big holes that needed to be mended soon, some were totally razed to ground. Only structure still safe and without any ruin was their pack house.
Prachaya was really glad for the offer from chief of Merab, it would give them time to rest, rejuvenate and celebrate. But, most of his pack seems to be in favour of worshipping blue Moon on their own territory.

"Those who are in the favour of celebrating in Merab " Prachaya asked.
A very weak aye resonated over mind link.

" Those in favour of celebrating in our own land "
'Aye' — a resounding approval boosted his courage and joy.

Prachaya wrote a letter to chief of Merab and handed it to their ambassador. " Tell Chief Merab that moon tribe considers herself fortunate to have a friend and ally like  Merab. "

Bowing, the ambassador took the letter and tucked it into hidden pocket of his robes.

" Chief Merab insists that you accept this small token of our friendship." The ambassador signalled his pack members. Trays of baked goods, baskets of handpicked fresh fruit and berries and tens of trays of sweets were presented before him.

Thousands of times they have exchanged such gifts — both on celebratory occasions on ones not so celebratory like right now.

" Moon tribe thanks Merab ". Prachaya uttered " Tell chief Merab that moon tribe will not forget Merab's generosity. And as usual we will send you moon goddesses' statue tomorrow. "

" Chief had said that we understand that in this situation you could not provide us with ....."

" There is no reason to not do so dear friend " Prachaya smiled. " Moon goddess has been kind towards us to keep our pups strong and bless strength to our enforcers. Loosing sleep over making her statue is least we could do to thank her. "

They bowed to each other. Prachaya asked his packmates to arrange the Merab ambassador's stay in packhouse and assigned him guards for saftey.

After the pack business was done, his eyes automatically searched his alpha who was nowhere to be seen. 

" Have you seen Alpha Perawat ? " he asked to an enforcer passing by him.

" He is with Crown Prince Gamon "  enforcer informed. "