I reached down and talked with some people and welcomed some. Waiting for V to come down. Just then he came down and sat on the couch. Then I and gyno rushed to get Shyams. We went to her room and entered the space where engagement is taking place. We made her sit on the couch and smiled.

It was the time for ring ceremony and Achan asked me to give the ring to V while Gyno was giving Shyama.

They exchanged the ring and we were so happy. Then it was the time for our surprise performance.

Abhiraj's Pov

The light got dim and the spot light was on a girl who was facing the opposite side. Just then the fancy lights were onn and the music started to play.

Which language is this?

Then bhaiyya came into view lip syncing the lines and started dancing. Along with him his wife came into view and as the song progressed she came forward and started dancing along with singing. Then I realised it was Malayalam. The language of keralites.

Eh? Is she a keralite?

Then she went to V and his girl and brought them to the stage while dancing. All of them started dancing together. Then she turned and looked at me coming towards me. At that moment I noticed she is wearing a simple peach lehenga and no make up, just a bindi and kajal. I guess. She came near me and just then I realised she was not coming to me. She was going to papa.

To papa Wtf?

She greeted him and touched Maa's feet and welcomed them. I am also here. Look at me and greet me also. But she never give a damn about me near the.

"Sir. Aap ab aa rehe ho?" She asked.
"Kuch kaam tha beta." He said.
Beta? Wah wah Seriously Beta???
"I told you to come early today and Aaj toh Saturday hain." She said.
"Well!!!" Papa started to form a lie. I know when he was about to lie.
"Forming a lie Mr.?" She asked. That got my attention. How did she know.
He smiled sheepishly and looked at maa.
"Ma'am aap toh inhe leke aate?" She asked.
"Haa beta meine bola tha lekin kaun sunta hein Mera?" She asked looking at papa.
"Haaun chootti tumne kab bola?" Papa asked her.
What are they school going kids?
Then they three shared an eye lock and started laughing. Till then the performance was over and all were seated.
Then papa noticed me and said, "Well beta this is my son Abhiraj Prathap Singh Rathore aur Abhi she is Amara. The assistant CFO and legal advisor and what not when needed."
"Of Rathores Inc.?" I asked.
"Yes where else?" He asked smiling.
She turned to me and extended her hand to shake.
"Nice to meet you Mr.Rathore." she said smiling fakely.
I know it was fake because it was not the smile I saw in her before.
"You too Ms.Amara.."
"Murthy, Amara Murthy." She said.
"Yeah Ms.Murthy." I said while shaking hands with her.
Then someone called. She turned and left my hand and waved to him.
"Aap log baithiyen. Mein aathi hoon." She said smiling and left.

Like that everything went well. Soon it was night and everyone started to leave. Maa and Papa also left. I was just by his side and was managing my business in US. It was midnight and Shyama also left after dinner and the photoshoot.

I was walking to V's room and saw her. She changed her clothes now she was wearing a simple kurthi. She started walking towards the stairs and then I walked to his room. I saw bhaiyya and his wife standing there laughing. I also joined them but wasn't able to keep up. Then she entered. No, no, barged in saying,
"Hello people."
Everyone looked at her and waved.
Then V went to her and hugged her.
"V, I can't breath." She said breathing.
"You know what I love you." He said.
"And it's surprising that I love you too" she said acting surprised.
Then he came to me and and said, "Abhi, this is my Ammu. And Ammu this is my Abhi."
"We already met." She said.
"Hein? When?" He asked.
"Sir introduced us to each other." She said.
"Okay. Then it's good." He said looking both of us. And may be then he noticed that we were glaring at each other.
He made me turn and introduced to Bhaiyya and Gyno.
I asked why Gyno then he told me that she is a gynaecologist and bhaiyya is a magistrate and they are their friends. Well more like Gyno is her and his friend from school and bhaiyya was their senior and then they fell in love and then married.

Then everyone chatted a little more and while her and me just glared each other when our eyes locked. I didn't have anything to speak so mostly I listened and when asked I replied. They were very good friends and I felt somewhat jealous that she is comfortable with everyone and smiling a lot and yeah laughing for sure. She is not that beautiful but yeah still carried some elegance in her.
Soon their talks end and everyone retired to their rooms. I also stayed there with V. She went to her house and V allowed her.
Well that's surprising.
Then I got a call from my US branch and I was hell pissed with them.
I fucking need a smoke.
I am not a chain smoker but yeah when I am frustrated or tensed I will smoke a cigar.
I went to the balcony of V's room and lit my cigar, while he was busy video calling his fiance. I went out and the cold breeze hit me. I closed my eyes and took a puff.
When I opened my eyes I saw her.
Wtf?
Then I realised why he allowed her to go home. She was living opposite to his.
She was standing in the balcony eating something like a lolipop I guess. And was speaking through the phone. Suddenly she looked up and saw me smoking. Her face shrunken showing disgust I think and again continued speaking looking here and there, lifting her handing throwing it in air etc...
I just watched her. She ended her call and looked at my direction and saw me still smoking. She stood there looking at me and then turned and went inside standing at the door and closed it.
It felt like she closed the door at my face. But I ignored. Then I saw her at the window again her eyes fell on me and then she drew the curtains blocking my view.
Soon the lights were off and I was called inside by V and we talked so much drank some and went to bed.

...............................

Hope you guys like it
Do vote and shower your love 💕