not here|| C. Sainz Jr.

Driver: Carlos Sainz Jr. 

Warnings: Pure, 100% fluff

________________________

Carlos didn't get to see her as often as he wanted.

He didn't even get to see her as often as he needed. There was always something pulling him away. Always a phone call to be taken, an autograph to be signed, an interview to be helped - always something.

But not now.

Not here.

Not in the quiet hours of the morning, just before daybreak, the sun resting below the horizon. The moon cast pure light through the windows, moonbeams dancing across their sheets, stars twinkling beside them. Her arms curled around a pillow, legs tangled together. He didn't know where he began and she ended, but he liked it that way. The lingering night breeze brushed against his bare skin, sweeping through the windows. The world outside fluttered awake, but Carlos had her here.

Pressed to her back, arms tucked around her waist, buried in the thicket of her hair. Carlos couldn't see her face, but he had memorized it. Each shadow, each line, each curve - each beautiful feature was committed to memory. The soft sound of her snores filled their room, her heartbeat steady against his skin.

Not a thing could reach them here.

He liked it that way.

Carlos leaned down, pressing a chaste kiss to the exposed skin of her shoulder, "Hermosa."

His voice was too quiet to wake her, but he liked to see her nose twitch at the sound.

Beautiful.

Moments like these, where the world seemed to still for just a second, made the distance agonizing. Separated by oceans, miles of land, hours of the day - it was painful. Race weekends were filled with exhilaration and adrenaline. Race weekends were also filled with a clawing sense of breathlessness.

He couldn't breathe.

But here, laying beside her without a care in the world, he breathed.

Carlos breathed.

Inhaling the scent of her shampoo and the dying hints of her perfume, she filled his lungs.

He breathed.

She turned in his arms with a heavy sigh, burrowing into his chest. Carlos couldn't help but smile, tightening his arms around her.

He didn't see her as often as he wanted, but she was here now.

Behind him, the sun began to rise, warmth trailing up his back. Soft rays crawled up the sky, spilling across her skin, and coiling in her hair. Carlos leaned down, pressing another kiss to her cheek and neck. She groaned, scrunching her eyebrows together.

A gentle laugh rumbled from his chest, dropping another kiss to her nose, "Hermosa..."

"...stop watching me sleep..."

Her voice was scratchy and unused, the corner of her lip quirked to reveal the smallest hint of a smile.

"But you're so beautiful," He whispered, nuzzling into her neck, "How can I help myself?"

A giggle fell from her lips like wind chimes singing together - beautiful.

"It's creepy," She stretched, arms winding around his neck, "Better only be for me."

"Of course," He said, "No one but you."

After all, not a thing could reach them.

Not here.