A traitor in disguise

DYLAN'S POV

NEXT MORNING
Everything has been going on between me and Doris since I confessed my love to her last night and that is making me feel great and happy with myself. "So you can't hug me?" Doris asked. "Of course, I can" I retort. I move closer to hug her but she falls right in my arm. I look closer to her neck and I can see a dart that is stuck there. Who threw such a thing recklessly?

I tap her repeatedly so she can respond to my calls. "Doris... Doris...wake up wake up" I call out but no reply. I carry her hurriedly to the king-sized bed in our room, why is this happening? I remove the dart from her neck and smell it. It reeks of poison, a merfolk's poison. Who is this new enemy? I have to save Doris for now, I have to draw the poison away from her body.

I place my hand on her forehead as I close my eyes to concentrate. I am age to finally take out the poison from her body, nothing will happen to me. Doris opens her eyes slowly, I help her sit up. "Dylan... Dylan... Who did this?" She asks. "I don't know. You have to rest for now" I answered, "What!" She exclaims "Rest, in this situation. No, I cannot rest. How can someone attack my home? Am I not safe in my house anymore?" She continues to ask a series of questions.

"I tried looking around but there was no one there. For now, you have to keep resting" I plead so she can rest. "No, I can't. This my work as a detective is putting my life in danger and yours as well" she says. "Don't worry about me. Nothing will happen to me, okay?" I assure her. "Please just rest for now,w," I say as I help her lie down back on the bed but deep down I know there is imminent danger.

I throw a glance at Doris, assured she is asleep I walk slowly to the wardrobe. I open it slowly to avoid any form of noise that can wake her up. I had picked up the book earlier this morning outside the mansion, it's the Isnamermaid's book so Anabella or someone else must have dropped it. I flip through the pages quickly to see if there will be any evidence.

Then my eyes caught something important. "The great traitor will be right in front of the Isnamerman without his knowledge. The Isnamerman's love will be attacked at any cost by the great traitor which will lead to the death of the person... " I cover my mouth immediately so I won't shout. This is very vital, what is this? I turn to look at Doris who is sleeping peacefully.

I understand that there is someone who wants to kill you now but I won't let it happen. I will protect you to my last breath. I will make sure that you do not lose your life because of me.

A WHILE LATER
If there is something I hate the most in the human world. It is lizards, they are creepy animals that I can't withstand. I gazed at the lizard right in front of me, a scream escaped my mouth instantly as I jumped up nearly falling in the process but I was lucky Doris grabbed me in the nick of time. "Save me from that lizard... Please save me" I cry out but Doris laughs instead which makes me angry.

I stand on my feet quickly leaving her arms. "Why are you laughing? What's there to laugh about? I ask you to save me from... " I couldn't finish my words now that I can remember this is an embarrassing situation in front of Doris. "Why are you afraid of a small lizard" she says but moves closer to me, now only a few inches of space are left between us "If you are afraid of a lizard then you should be afraid of me as well since we are sharing a room..." She says as she attempts to unbutton my shirt.

I stop her quickly by walking away from her. I sit on the sofa but she doesn't want to leave me alone. She follows me and stays beside me "I am even going to a chemist (medical shop)" she says. "Medical shop?" I ask curious. "Yes, I need to get some kinds of stuff there" she answers. "Hmm" I reply "I need to pick up something important," she says. "Aren't you ashamed to do that as the lady?" I ask.

"What's there to be ashamed of? Can't I get a paracetamol anymore myself?" She asks while I look on thinking about my wild imagination of her going to get condoms. I cover my face shyly with my hands for no reason "Well, what were you thinking?" I heard her say, "Nothing" I lied. "I know you are lying. But what you were thinking of is not bad, I will get it as well" she jokingly said as I smiled back taping her on the forehead. "Stop that. That's so rude of you" she says with a smile. "I know you like it" I answer. "I will be right back, let me get the medicine quickly," she tells me but a look of concern shows on my face "Don't worry, I will be fine," she says as she walks out of the room.