Newly weds

It was their nuptial night. Although Mithu was too young to know much about it, she understood that Abhi and Samyu needed privacy so jumped in glee when Samyu's parents invited her to stay with them. They offered Samyu's bedroom for her to stay and she was thrilled. Not only was Samyu's room larger than the one she had but it also had a TV on the wall which had access to her favourite disney channel. After welcoming the newly married couple into the house, Samyu's parents left with Mithu, leaving the couple alone. The house obviously wasn't new for Samyu but she felt like a new woman.

As they sent off everyone and had the home to themselves, Abhi picked up Samyu and carried her into their bedroom, which she was entering for the first time. He pulled her close meet her lips with his. She wrapped her arms around his neck kissing him back passionately. He continued kissing her as he placed her gently on the bed. She slowly opened her eyes. He smiled and her and said, "Nee avvalo azhaga irukke pondaati." She giggled and said, "Appidiya purusha?" and they both laughed. He then sighed. Caressing her face he said, "Indha naal varadha nu naan evvalo yenginen theriyuma. Finally you are mine. We are a family maa. I feel so grateful. Kadavullukku nandri" she smiled and pecked his lips saying, "Hmmm.... So we were destined to be soulmates la? Namba life la nadandhadhellam nenacha ippo romba aacharyama irukku. People who knew us during that phase would never have even though we would get together let alone be married la?" Abhi rested his head on the pillow saying, "hmmm... ya you are right." Then rolled to the side, wrapped his arm on her waist pulling her closer to him and she obliged by turning towards him giving his access to pull her closer.

She slowly unbuttoned his shirt and started drawing on his chest with her finger while his fingers started playing on her bare waist and back, making her have goose bumps. She quickly kissed him and asked, "Now that we are married, Ungalukku ennenna aasaigal irukku? I mean, the ones you have not discussed with me." He slowly unbuttoned her blouse on the back and said in his base voice, "Naraya aasai irukke. Sollardhoda senju kaatatuma?" She blushed and pinched his cheek saying, "Naan indha aasaiya kekkale. Namma future pathi, careers pathi ketten." He smiled and said, "First night la pesara pecha idhu? But I have been wanting to tell you something though. Nee eppidi eduthuppe nu therila. I know that you were slogging away in US and you took a break when you came back but I really really miss your singing. I would love for you to consider taking it up again. You are extremely talented and would hate to see it go waste. Please maa please ma please maa" he nuzzled her and she giggled. She decided to ponder about that later and enjoy the moment with him right now.

Abhi and Samyu had been each other's moral and emotional support but this was the first time they were exploring each other physically and they were not shy. Abhi was a very gentle lover and he was making the experience pleasurable for her. She was more intense and passionate. It was a perfect balance. There were no inhibitions and they did not have problems telling each other what they needed from their partner. They did consummate their marriage that night. It was the first time for both of them. It was nothing like what Samyu had read. It wasn't painful, like some of her friends had told her. They enjoyed it and remained in each other's arms till the sun shone brightly. They showered together continuing to explore only to get back in bed. They had to remind each other that they were now going to be together forever and nothing would part them.

They all needed to adjust to the new situation but home was a happy place and they were, most of the time, happy. Few months after their marriage, Samyu had visited her parents one day when her mother called her aside, "Samyu unkitta onnu sollanum. Mithu ku 10 vayasu aaga pordhu. Ippo ellam chinna chinna ponunga vayasukku varaanga. Adhu kozhandhai paavam. Nee thaan idhu pathi ava kitta pesanum. Solli kudukkanum seriya?" Samyu nodded. She hadn't thought about it but made a mental note of it to talk to Mithu. That evening while Mithu was doing her homework, Samyu knocked on her door saying, "Girl talk?" Mithu invited her in and kept her books aside. Samyu touched Mithu's cheeks and smiled, "Mithu maa unkitta oru important thing pathi pesanum." Mithu nodded, "Sollu Samyu" Samyu cleared her throat and said, "Adhu vandhu. Namma girl irukkom illiya? Our reproductive organs start developing as we enter our teens and sometimes even younger. Our body changes and we start menstruating." Before she could continue any further Mithu said, "Oh periods talk aa? Adhu Daddy en kooda already panniyache?" Samyu was shocked, "Daddy ya?" Mithu smiled and nodded, "Aama Daddy enkitta already periods pathi sonaanga. In fact ennoda back pack la, just in case, oru emergency kit kooda vachu kuduthirukaanga. Don't worry Samyu." Samyu smiled and kissed Mithu's forehead. She stepped out of the room and walked straight to the kitchen where Abhi was making pasta. Samyu quickly went and hugged him tightly from behind. "Enna inniki pondaati semma mood la irukke pola irukku?" Samyu tiptoed to quickly kiss him and answered, "you know what, I thought you are the best husband in the world but I am wrong. You are the best dad any girl could have. Oru ponnu ava Appa kitta edhu pathi venumnaalum pesalaama engaradhukku Neenga bench mark set panittenga. I am so proud of you." Then she whispered, "I want to have a baby now." He smiled and pulled her closer to him reaching for her lips then whispered, "let's have a baby."

Brinda Subramanian