Hasty decisions

Samyuktha, on the other hand started realizing her mistake as soon as she left the country or rather before that but she convinced herself that Abhi should have tried to convince her so she will stay her ground until her comes for her. Her parents ofcourse did not know that this had gone so far. Her dad assumed that Abhi had convinced her to pursue her studies and she was just a little upset with him. He knew his daughter's temper and stubbornness way too well. He also knew that, with time, she will understand. Trying to put sense into her will only make things worse.

Samyu hoped Abhi would come to patch things up but when it didn't happen, she told herself that she will not go to him unless he comes looking for her. She settled down with her MBA program which kept her extremely busy. This was all a new experience for her. This was the first time she was staying away from home in a new country with new cultures. She made new friends who also, just like her, came from different parts of the world. Her college friends too got busy with different things. She managed to stay in constant touch with Ramya and Akshaya. They were the only two who knew the break up story. They could not believe it. Ramya said, "Yaaru kannu pattudho therila di. Unga rendu perayum paakum podhu it was like a real life fairy tale. I just can't believe this but onnu sollattuma everything happens for a reason and I feel you two will eventually end up together." Samyu nodded sadly, "Therila. Avar kooda ovvoru moment um avvalo happy ya irundhen theriyuma. Ippo inge oru Pudhu oorula ukkandhu MBA padichundu irukken but I feel like a rock but idhukaaga thaane avar enna poga sonnar so idhu mudikkara varaikkum naan avara paaka maaten avar kitta pesamaaten." Ramya nodded, "Seri vidu. Apparam hero sir a korthu vittu media rumours ellam varum Adhellam nee nambi tholayadhe ok va?" Samyu smiled, "Adhellam namba maaten. Avar enna thavira vera yaarayum pakkathula kooda nerunga vida maataar. Andha aalu single aa irundhaalum irupaare thavira enna vitta vera gadhiye illai" she giggled.

Although she said that, every now and then the fear of losing him to someone else did creep in. She also could not stop herself from reading rumours of his "Secret relationship" and "secret marriage". Two years went by and she was ready to come back home after completing her MBA. She was thrilled. She had decided to unblock and talk to him after reaching home. She had a couple of job offers that she had not accepted yet. She wanted to go back home and show him that she had done what he wanted her to. She also had been keeping track of his progress and growth in his field but the day she was about to fly back to India, she saw the shocking news.

There were pics of Abhi stepping out of the court holding a baby girl. Samyu was shocked. When the mics pointed towards him all she heard him say was, "Yen ponnu bayapadara konjam vazhi vidunga please." She tried to hear it again and again and it felt like thunder and lightning in her ears. All she heard was, "Yen ponnu". Samyu's overthinking mind and insecurity went on overdrive mode. "Was he cheating on me then? Did he actually get rid of me because of this baby? Oh my goodness" she was shattered. She felt like she was going to puke. Her head was spinning. Every YouTube channel was playing that with their own story claiming Abhi had a relationship with an "unknown lady". One channel did mention a possible adoption but Samyu was too consumed by all the noise that it did not even reach her ears.

She was devastated. At first she cried feeling completely heartbroken. Then she felt anger. She felt like she needed to do something. Just then she was reminded of the offers she had received. She wiped her tears, opened up her laptop and accepted the offer letter that she had received. She decided that it was over between her and Abhi. She did not even want to hear anything more about him. She quickly got ready and left for India.

Her parents were surprised to hear that she had taken up a job in USA. Although they were proud of their daughter they did not expect her to want to settle abroad. When her dad brought up Abhi, Samyu cut him off saying she did not want to discuss that chapter which was done and dusted. She now wanted to focus on her career. She did not even want to discuss someone who has used her.

Samyuktha again took a hasty decision that would impact her life forever.

Brinda Subramanian