Hair troubles and girl struggles

A couple days go by Eric is still trying his best to avoid Charmaine and every girl that comes his way.

Everyone was at Chubbies for God knows what.

Charmaine and Mariah walked in and then all eyes on them.

"Why's everyone staring at us?" Mariah asked.

"I think you mean you." Charmaine said.

"What?" Mariah asked.

"You're the new girl. Plus you're hanging out with me." Charmaine answered.

"Wait are you like a popular girl here?" Mariah asked.

"Nah not really, I guess I'm just very well known here." Charmaine answered.

"So... You're popular." Mariah said and she sat down in a booth Charmaine followed.

"I mean I guess, I don't really own that title though." Charmaine said sitting down.

"That's cool. Hey look it's your boyfriend again." Mariah said.

"He's not my boyfriend." Charmaine said and giving Mariah the death stare.

"Hey Charmaine." Eric said.

"Oh hey Eric." Charmaine shifted her mood.

Mariah was just smiling to herself.

"Uh Eric this is Mariah, Mariah Eric." Charmaine introduced them and they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you." Mariah smiled.

Charmaine glared at her.

Eric just smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Martha." Eric said.

Mariah and Charmaine looked at each other and looked back at Eric.

"So Charmaine, I asked my dad if it was okay to have you over to help my grades go up, and he said yes and only for today." Eric said happily like a kid getting to go to Disneyland, finally getting to hang out with Charmaine again.

"Oh well I have pl-" Charmaine said and got cut off by Mariah stepping on her foot.

"Ow!" Charmaine said and looked at Mariah confused.

"She's free as a bird!" Mariah said.

"Okay cool." Eric said confused on who this girl was honestly not remembering who she was.

"What are you talking about?" Charmaine said quietly to Mariah.

"Shut up this is your chance! Alright I'm off later, nice meeting you Eric." Mariah said.

"Yeah nice meeting you...." Eric stayed silent forgetting her name.

"What's her name?" Eric whispered to Charmaine.

Charmaine rolled her eyes.

(...)

Eric is lying on the couch miserable looking through a book.

Charmaine is just standing next to the couch.

"Charmaine you don't understand! This whole thing is insufferable!" Eric said sitting his head up and also making room for Charmaine to sit down. She sat down and he rested his head on her lap.

"Oh look at this beauty." Eric said showing her who he's looking at.

"That's Leonardo DaVinci.. Stop that you're scaring me." Charmaine said.

Eric just sighed and groaned.

"Oh you poor thing." Charmaine said now running her fingers through his hair, which Charmaine notice to be really oily and rough. She retracted.