𝑴𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆

"Your what?" Jason said.

"Jason you got it all wrong! I'm not in love with Charmaine! Keiner doesn't know what he's talking about!" Eric defended.

"Eric." Jason gave a little smirk.

"Jason-" Eric said but got cut off.

"I knew that there was something between you two, I just never expected Harley Keiner to be the one to tell you." Jason laughed a bit.

"Wait so you knew?" Eric asked.

"Oh so you do love her?" Jason asked.

"No! If anything it's just a crush! I'm not in love with Charmaine Hunter!" Eric defended himself.

Jason raised an eyebrow and shrugged his shoulders and then said.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Jason said and walked away.

"You know what? I'll sleep great tonight! Because it's the truth!" Eric said and when Jason left he relaxed his shoulders and gave a defeated sigh.

(...)

Couple days later...

Today is a cloudy day in Philadelphia, pretty chilly out so everyone is either wearing a coat flannel or a sweater.

It's now a Monday, first day back at school ever since the Halloween party.

Right now Eric is by his locker thoughts overcoming his brain.

He isn't in love with Charmaine, it's just some crush.

Yeah she's pretty and funny, has the most gorgeous eyes, the most real person he's met and is like the most perfect girl in the world. Is he in love with her? No way. Impossible.

Right?

It doesn't matter. His feelings about her are just temporary. They will go away, it's just a crush. He hasn't seen her since the party maybe the weird feelings have gone away.

"Hey Eric." Charmaine said.

"I love you." Entered Eric's mind

"Hey Charmaine." Eric said.

"I'm sorry if we left things on a bad note at the party by the way." Charmaine said.

"Oh no it's worry. Don't even okay about it." Eric said.

Charmaine's furrowed her eyebrows confused.

"Are you feeling okay?" Charmaine asked.

"I'm feeling great!" Eric said.

Jason then walked towards the duo.

"Hey guys, Charmaine could I talk to you for a second?" Jason asked.

"Sure. See you later Eric." Charmaine said and Jason and Charmaine both left him standing alone.

"Bye!" Eric said hopelessly while his heart is aching.

(...)

It's finally lunch and Charmaine and Jason are sitting together just chatting and telling jokes.

Eric sitting from afar with some girl still seeing Charmaine and Jason. Him not even paying one attention to what the girl he's with is saying to him.

He sees her laughing.

"Shes laughing.

What was she laughing about?

How could she sit there and laugh and look so beautiful?

I wish I was the one to make her laugh."

Eric decided to write down how he feels about the girl.

Maybe that'll make him feel better and move on.

"Eric are you even listening?" The girl said.

Eric didn't even respond he just got up and walked away.

"Eric?" The girl called out.

Her friends surrounded the table asking for all the details on what happened.

Eric went into his locker and took out a notebook he never used.

He never used any of his notebooks.

He sat down by his locker he put the date and his name like he usually does when he has to write something for class so he didn't even think about it and just started writing.

"charmaine is the most beautiful girl in the world i love everything about her her smile her eyes her humor whenever she makes fun of me or whenever she rolls her eyes at me i love the way her eyebrows furrow whenever i say something that's probably stupid i love the way she laughs i love the way her nose crinkles whenever she gives the small laughs i love her-" Eric stops writing realizing this is not helping.

He decided to write a pros and cons list. He started writing on the back of the page.

Pros:
shes funny
she smells nice
shes smart
shes independent
shes perfect
she may not show it all the time but she cares
she takes care of her little brother

The list goes on and on

Now for the cons,

Cons:
shes not mine

He groaned in defeat.

He's accepted the fact that he's in love with Charmaine.

But it doesn't matter since she doesn't feel the same.

Right?

He crumpled up the piece of paper and threw it away missing the trash can.

(...)

Jason was walking down the empty hallway to see a crumpled piece of paper on the ground.

He was going to throw it away but his curiosity got the best of him.

He un crumpled the paper to see a love confession for Charmaine written by.

Eric Matthews.

(...)