Yang: You know you should probably be watching.

Y/N: Why it's just going to be Jaune getting his ass kicked by Cardin again.

Yang: Yeah but you don't know Goodwitch might get sick of you sitting on the sidelines, especially after the show you put on during initiation. Besides, I want to know if you could be better than me. 

Y/N looks at Yang inquisitively. 

Yang: Well we need something else to talk about between us all we talk about is your car or my bike. Also, no one else fights hand to hand it is really hard to find practice matches. 

Y/N: You know I use a Mace.

Yang: Yeah but I think you could be very good with your hands. 

Blake blushes as she hears but tries to keep a straight face.

Y/N: We will just have to wait and find out. Besides it looks like this fight is just about done. 

Y/N points down to the ring as Cardin stands with his mace The Executioner perched on his shoulder Jaune opposite him Crocea Mors stabbed into the ground trying to catch his breath Cardin is showing no signs of fatigue.

Yang: I feel bad for Jaune. Cardin only challenges him.

Y/N: If he wants to get better he needs to use the people around him to help him.

Jaune looks up at Cardin, who laughs at his opponent's tiredness, and Jaune gathers his strength to charge forward and swing his blade at Cardin, only for him to jump out of the way. Jaune looks back, surprised, as The Executioner sends Jaune's shield - and himself - flying back. Now only armed with his sword, Jaune continued to try and attack but was blocked by the mace's hilt. Their weapons locked, Cardin forces himself up, towering over a struggling Jaune.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch's voice causes him to stop.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match.

Cardin lowers his mace and stands to the side cocky of his performance while Jaune still lays on the floor in defeat and Pyrrha Nikos looks sad, Glynda turns her head to look at the losing warrior as he pulls out a smaller tablet with his low, blinking stats and that of his entire team

Glynda: Mr Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin lifts his mace to his shoulder before spitting at Jaune's feet and walking away.

Cadin: Speak for yourself...

Glynda turns back to the students in the seats.

Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practising! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Yang punches the air in excitement, Weiss gets in touch with her inner Ruby and shakes her first with an excited smile, Ruby vibrates in excitement while she squeals softly. Y/N turns to look down the line in confusion before turning to Blake.