iii. the new guy in town

˗ˏˋ⋆ V I O L E N T  D E L I G H T S ⋆ˎˊ˗ ↳  𝐢𝐢𝐢

˗ˏˋ⋆ V I O L E N T D E L I G H T S ⋆ˎˊ˗
↳ 𝐢𝐢𝐢.   𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐠𝐮𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘷𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦

( 𝔭𝔦𝔩𝔬𝔱 )

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

          "MAYBE BLOOD MAKES HIM SQUEAMISH," CHARLIE SUGGESTED, SITING ON Elena's bed, her sock-clad feet in the air as her legs waved back and forth. The afternoon sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm glow in the room as she tackled the last few questions of her math homework. 

The rest of the day had gone by relatively quickly, and Charlie ended up at Elena's after school when she got home to an empty house. Her mother had left her a note, telling her she had picked up a shift at the hospital and the Forbes girl was on her own for dinner. 

Anyway, Elena, perched on the edge of her desk chair, told about the eerie encounter she had with Stefan at the cemetery earlier in the day. She described the sudden appearance of a mysterious fog, accompanied by a few crows, which had been an unnerving sight that sent shivers down her spine. But what puzzled her the most was how Stefan had seemingly vanished into thin air, leave Elena alone and confused. 

She shook her head at the thought. "This guy is not the squeamish type. There's something about him that's...dangerous." 

With a furrowed brow, Charlie raised her eyebrows skeptically. "'Mysterious,' yes. 'Dangerous,' no." 

Charlie's eyes flickered to watch as she caught the time. 

6:02 PM. 

Leaning down, she grabbed her sneakers and slipped them on, preparing to leave. 

"Gotta go," she hummed, slinging on her jacket. "I'm meeting Bonnie at The Grill." She pulled her hair out from her jacket as she let out a breath. "You should come too." 

Elena hesitated, her eyes darting around the room as if searching for an excuse. "I think I'm gonna stay in." 

"Come on," Charlie pleaded with a gentle smile, trying to persuade her friend. "Please don't sit at home. You're doing so good. Plus, it's good for you. You should be out." 

Elena smiled appreciatively, her reluctance slowly yielding to Charlie's infectious enthusiasm. She eventually agreed as she started getting ready. Charlie had made her way downstairs as Elena followed suit. 

Elena went into the kitchen, her voice faint. "Charlie and I are meeting Bonnie at The Grill." 

"Okay, have fun," her Aunt Jenna replied. She paused, stopping in her tracks and turned toward her niece, who couldn't have been that much younger than herself. She placed both hands on her hips, trying to be stern. "Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late, it's a school night."