Chapter: 45 (Kim Mansion)

Start from the beginning

Before parking the car a little distance away from her desired destination, the driver hesitates. A loud yell echoes, causing her feet to freeze and her heart to beat rapidly. The yell is familiar to her. Tears stream down her cheeks as she pays the fare, waiting for the driver to leave so she can enter without fear.

"Why do I feel strange?" she wonders, taking a deep breath. Her husband's face flashes before her eyes, giving her courage as she opens them and steps towards the mansion.

Her eyes widen in shock when she sees blood scattered at the entrance and Uncle Hajoon lying motionless with blood trickling from his throat. It appears that he had died a few minutes ago.

Fear consumes Yn's entire body as she sees the old guard lying lifeless, his eyes wide open. Her sobs subside as she presses her hands against her mouth and approaches to close his eyes. Her hands tremble violently as she touches the lifeless body, and a loud hiccup escapes her mouth, making her even more frightened when she hears footsteps.

Her eyes widen as she sees two unfamiliar men walking towards her. With trembling legs, she moves inside a small cabin and hides under a desk, effectively concealing her figure.

She sits silently beneath the desk when she hears the thunder's voice once again and the door creaking softly. The two guards enter, holding torches in their hands, as they examine the lifeless body.

The sound of a ringing phone is heard, and Yn overhears someone whispering something on the other end. The conversation continues in hushed voices, and after a moment, the call is abruptly ended. The two guards quickly exit the cabin and head towards the mansion.

Yn cautiously steps out, making sure not to make any noise, and slowly makes her way towards the door. Before leaving, she glances back at the dead body, then exits, leaving the door in the same position.

She hides behind a tree when she spots a lone guard standing in front of her, and her gaze falls upon the mansion. Something stirs inside her as she takes in the dilapidated state of the building.

Kim Mansion, the place she was brought to after her marriage, where she experienced her first intimate moments with her husband. The place where they exchanged good morning greetings for the first time and embarked on their honeymoon with their entire family. She vividly remembers returning to the mansion, weak and faint, in Jimin's arms, as well as the incident in the library. Every memory of this beautiful home is etched in her mind. Their home.

But something unsettles her as she observes the deteriorating condition of the mansion. She lets out a deep sigh, her eyes welling up with tears, finding it difficult to accept everything.

With cautious and deliberate steps, she advances stealthily from behind, taking advantage of the guard's back turned towards her. She makes her way towards the rear where she sees no one, seizing the opportunity to quickly approach the secret door known only to her and her husband.

Just as she is about to enter, she hears shouting from inside. Her mind clouded with confusion, she takes a deep breath to regain composure and wipes away her tears.

Yn: It's now or never!

She declares before entering the room, her eyes widening at the sight of the storage room which lacks a visible door. The stench of blood fills her nostrils, and before she can breathe in fresh air, she locks the door from the inside.

Her mouth drops open in shock as she sees numerous lifeless bodies strewn across the room, but her gaze fixates on one in particular. With cautious steps, she approaches and falls to her knees, gazing at the face of Elina, the girl who had spoken to Yn when she first arrived at the mansion.

Fear courses through Yn's body, and an unsettling tension settles in her heart. With trembling hands, she tries to shake Elina's body, but to no avail.

Yn: Elina... Please, open your eyes... Elina...

She cries, staring at the lifeless form before stepping back and sinking to her knees, weeping. As she hears loud voices approaching and the sound of something being dragged, panic fills her mind, leaving her unable to think clearly...

She had no thoughts as she continued moving forward, getting blood on her clothes. Her hands moved quickly as she disgustingly touched the blood with her hand and smeared it on her feet. In a puzzling moment, she laid on the floor with her hair covering her face.

Suddenly, the door opened loudly and a threatening voice was heard. The guards scanned the room with their sharp eyes and focused on Yn's blood-covered figure.

Guard: She's not here!

With cautious steps, one of the guards approached Yn and crouched down. Yn's body trembled with fear as she saw the guard sitting right in front of her. She silently prayed in her mind before hearing him say something.

Guard: She should be dead!

He pulled out his gun, loaded it, and aimed it directly at Yn's body. Silent tears streamed down her face as she trembled, and in an instant, a loud gunshot rang out, causing her entire body to shake with vulnerability.
_______________

I wrote it down right now. So this is one of the last chapter. three or four more chapters to go. so please vote and comment.

200 comments to unlock next chapter.
Or
2000009 comments to unlock next chapter.