Chapter 1

November 1
10:06 am

The morning dawned bright and perfect. Chase, usually being the first to rise, awoke with a yawn, then looked at his clock.

"Oh! Shit! It's already 10 am"! Quickly, he scrambled off his bed and out of his puphouse. "Pups! It's late! Get up"!

  The doors of the surrounding puphouses opened one by one.

  "Geez, Chase," Marshall yawned. "Do you really have to be so loud"?

  "Yes, I do. We're going to be late in getting to City Hall for the Annual PAW Patrol Member's Meeting"!

  Marshall's eyes popped open, erasing any hint of exhaustion.

  "That's today?! Oh shit"!

  The pups ran into the Lookout.

  "Ryder's not even up!" Skye said as they all looked around for their owner.

  "Sorry, pups". Ryder exited the kitchen. "I was looking over the plans for the meeting and lost track of time".

  "That's alright, Ryder, sir," Chase barked. "But we should get going if we don't want to be late".

  "Good idea, Chase. Everyone, load up"!

At City Hall

  When the PAW Patrol arrived at City Hall, the other members were already waiting.

  "Sorry we're late," Ryder apologized as he pulled off his helmet.

  "No problem, Ryder," Rex responded. "We haven't been waiting long".

  "That's good. Now, since we're all here, let's get started".

  And so, the Annual PAW Patrol Member's Meeting began. Ryder spoke for about an hour and a half on new policies and freshening everyone's memories on the current policies.

  At noon, they breaked for lunch, a delicious spread of sandwiches, salads, and desserts prepared by Mr. Porter and Alex. The pups spread out into groups to eat and talk with the off-island members.

  After lunch, Ryder led everyone to the beach for a time of playing.

  Once at the beach, Zuma gathered everyone together.

  "How about we play a game of volleyball, everyone"?

  "That's a great idea, Zuma!" Skye said. "You split us up and then we'll play".

  "I don't really feel like volleyball today," Tuck said. "Maybe later".

  "Yeah, me neither," Tracker said. "Plus, I can't even get the ball over the net".

  "That's okay," Zuma said. He numbered everyone else off, resulting in three teams, two of 6 and one of 7.

  "Okay, Team 1 and Team 2 awe on the couwt. Let's play some volleyball".

  Ryder sat in his beach chair and watched the pups playing.

  Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Tracker and Tuck trotting off towards the snack shack. He chuckled.

  "Guess they're still hungry".

5:45 pm