Arjun was shocked. A bit more by his little girl's overly obedient attitude than his little brother's overly courageous one. He glared fiercely at Aki making him look down. He atleast knew how to tame the older one. But today, the younger one confused him!

He lifted her chin and made his voice as gentle as he could- "Kya hua, princess? Why are you so upset?"

He knew something was wrong with her the moment he saw her on the dinner table. He would have brought it up sooner if he didn't observe how desperate she was for his attention. A clear sign that she was trying to manipulate him into giving in to his demands. He decided to have a chat with her before she went to bed. But well, better sooner than later.

Ashi looked at him,unsure. Finally, this was her moment. She knew what she wanted is valid but she couldn't help the fear that was resurfacing in her heart. She took a deep breath and looked at Arjun.

Ashi- "You love me right dada?"

Arjun frowned. What sort of question was that? "What do you think,Ashi?"

Ashi nodded- "I was perfect today. Saare kaam acche se kiye. Koi tantrums throw nahi kiye aur khoob saari padhai bhi ki! Haina dadu?" She turned to Aki. 

Aki looked confused but he nodded.

Ashi eagerly- "So aap mujhe pyaar karte ho na?"

Arjun frowned- "Ashi, baccha, you don't have to do all this for me to love you. Ha Mai aur tere dadu tujhe humesha Aisa karne ko bolte hai but we don't mean that you should force yourself to be perfect. You are not a robot. Even if you are a bit mischevious, I'll always love you."

Aki- "Right, Ashi. Plus I wasn't very fond of your attitude today! Normal Ashi hi sahi hai."

Ashi looked at both of he brothers. Their unconditional love and concern was heart touching but she had to remind herself that this was not about her but rather it was about them.

Ashi looked directly at Arjun- "Aap mujhe itna pyaar karte ho toh Jo main mangungi woh doge aap?"

Arjun nodded. Here it was. He swore if all this drama was for some petty game or dress, then...

Ashi- "Mujhe Vahini chahiye, dada!"

For a moment, both Aki and Arjun stood there numb. What Ashi said had really shocked them to the core. Never in their dreams would they have ever imagined that Ashi would put forth such an unusual demand.

Ashi- "Aap shaadi kar lo,dada. Woh bilkul Roshni Vahini jaisi hi hogi. Jab woh thi toh hum sab kitne khush the, dada aap kitne khush the! Agar ek nayi vahini aayegi toh phir hum sab pehle ki tarah..."

Arjun yelled angrily- "ENOUGH!" Arjun had had enough by now. 

Ashi took a step back. Aki immediately pulled her towards him, not wanting his little sister to fall prey to their elder brother's wrath.

Arjun- "Get out before I lose my patience. Both of you."

Ashi was too scared to move. She had never seen this of her dada. He had been mad on her earlier but never once in her life had she been scared of him, nervous yes but terrified? Not even in her dreams. Today his raised voice had unnerved her.

Aki dragged her out of the study. He had no idea about what compelled her to even think about such a thing but he was sure that if she stayed here a moment longer, then she would surely incur The Arjun Rawte's wrath and he knew for a fact, that she was not ready for it.

As they walked out of the room, Aki turned her towards himself. He tried to glare at her but her red puffy eyes and tears stained cheeks made all his anger flow out the window. He sighed and crouched down to her level.