𝟒𝟗 ✯ the voice

Start from the beginning

"A little more longer?" he begs

"Rafe—

"Please."

"How could I say no?" I sighed rolling my eyes annoyingly.

✥✥✥

We sat at the dinner table with our full plates in front of us, Rafe and Ms. Rylie began digging in their plates happily and me and my brothers weren't eating.

"Is something wrong with the food?" Ms. Rylie sips her lemonade

"No not at all." Milo said smiling.

I watched as he cut up the roast with his butter knife and fork. "Yum." He said taking a bite.

He hurried and grabbed the napkin to wipe his mouth but obviously, he spit it out. Human food doesn't taste good when you're dead and a '100-year-old vampire.

"What do you guys like to do for fun?"

"Wrestle!"
Malachi gave Rafe a noggin but all he got in return was a side eye from the younger male. "Sorry," Malachi whispered

"Honestly anything, I love hanging out." I replied

"Nice." She put a spoonful of greens in her mouth.

"You guys have been so much help, how can I repay y'all?"

"No no, me and my brothers are fine." I reassured her a soft smile

She turn to look at my brothers who nodded their heads— agreeing with what I just said. "Alright If you say so."

✥✥✥
𝐑𝐀𝐅𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕.

I turned my tv on, putting on good boys. Mak and his brothers recently left to go to their homes. And now it was just me and my mother in this big home. The home we moved into with Rhea.

My mother was asleep in her master bedroom. She said the food made her sleepy.

I laughed at the commentary on the tv until I heard...

"Rafe?" A voice called from a distance.

I scrunched up my face from the familiar voice. "Rhea?" I said standing up from my bed— walking towards the hallway.

"Rhea?" I called again

Silence...

Silence..

"Rafe! Help!" The voice sounds louder.

I ran down the hallway following my sister's voice. I stopped in front of the door as the voice was muffled from the other side.

"Hello?" I called leaning my ears on the door

"In here." A voice said

"I can't the door is locked—

Right when I said that, the door opened. Revealing a bed and a large bookcase. "Rhea!?" I called out in the empty room.