Chapter 3~ Everything Changes (Part 2)

I can not believe my eyes, never in my life have I ever seen or heard of a such a large group of rouges fighting together. I had always been taught that rouges were mostly savage and out-of-control loners. But here they are, fighting together like a pack would. I did not know what to do, I look up to find a familiar pair of green eyes, it's Michael. His huge brown wolf dashed towards me, and began shoving me towards the pack house. I can't go back, I need to help my pack.
"I am staying Michael", next thing I know he shifted back into his human form. " Alex, you know I can't let you fight!" He attempted to pick me up and carry to the pack house, but I stepped back. "I am the Alpha's daughter, I can't just sit around!" At that, he blew up. "You can't even shift, Alex! Do you see that,-" he pointed towards the now distant clearing where a war was being fought. "- those are rouges, ruthless wolves that will tear you to pieces no matter your ranking. So I need you to go back to the house, I-we need you to be safe Alex, please I am begging you to go, let us handle this".
I raised my gaze to meet his, his eyes held such pain and angst. "I can't". He pulls me into a hug, "look Alex I love you like you were my own kid, but every second you resist, is another member of our pack getting hurt." He sounded so serious that I had to give in, the sound of hurting a pack member was killing me. I stepped out of Michaels arms, "fine, I will go back to the pack house". He smiled at me, shifted, and ran back into the clearing. Every step I take, it feels like my legs weigh a thousand pounds, I feel useless, Michael may not have meant it, but he was right, my rank did not matter, I am an Alpha's daughter who could not shift, I am glorified human.
Something caught my eye, a wisp of dark fur flew from the bushes, straight to me. The rouge bit down on my shoulder, throwing me to the ground. Once the rouge released my shoulder, it sat back up. I instantly recognized it and my blood ran cold. It was the same rouge leader that my father had previously killed. How had he managed to live. The rouge looked into my eyes and smirked (at least I think it was a smirk, he was in wolf form after all). He shifted, and chuckled. The rouge leader looked like he was in his late thirties, with dark hair and dark eyes. "Don't worry kitten, I will make sure I kill your family quick so they won't feel the pain." He whispered in my ear, and walked away, leaving me disgusted.
I can not move, I am confused. He died, yet he there he went to kill my family. To kill my family. Those words bounced around in my head. I need to get to a phone. I tried to get up, oh how I wish I could shift, I would have already healed. I stood and ran to the nearest house.
I have to call my uncle, the Alpha of my packs neighbors, the Ridgeland pack. I pushed open the door to find a land-line phone. I quickly punched in his private cell number and waited until he picked up. My shoulder was killing me, I reached up to touch it and pulled my hand back to see it covered in blood. I really needed to contact my uncle Xander, he would be help my pack. There was no point in trying to warn my father, I can't mind link him, and I am almost positive I would not make it.
"Hello, this is Alpha Xander, who is this?" "Xander! We need your help!" I yelled, suddenly feeling light-headed. "Alex, is that you? What's wrong sweetheart? Where is your father, where is David?" I slumped against a wall nearby, "Uncle Xander, he is fighting with our pack against rouges, and I-I " At this point, my head is throbbing and I could not feel my toes, but I had to keep going I can't let my family die. "Alex, Alex! Can you hear me, don't worry sweetie, I will be there in twenty minutes." I heard the phone hit the ground and his clothes shred as he shifted. I only hope he can get here in time. I stood up, I had to get to the clearing. My injuries no longer matter. My family- Dad, Michael, Callie- they are all that mattered.
I stood and began walking back to the clearing, I had to do something. After fifteen minutes of walking, I heard the sound of huge footsteps, the kind that could only belong to an Alpha. I turned around to see my Uncle running faster then I have ever seen. He saw me, stopped, and bent down telling me to get on his back. Thank goodness he got there when he did. I felt like a zombie because I was walking so slow.
We arrived at the clearing in a blink of an eye. Uncle Xander shifted after setting me down. "Alex everything is going to be ok, alright?" I nodded. " I just need you to stay here and hidden. I doubt anyone will focus on your scent, unless they are really trying to find you." I started tearing up. "Hey baby girl don't cry, I won't let anything happen to our family. hey look at me-" he lifted my eyes to his " I promise everything will be ok. You will be ok, your tough just like me. That's why you were named after me." He gave me a warm smile, and shifted joining the fight to help my pack, my family.
I sat behind the bushes for about an hour just trying to recuperate. All the while I tried to drown out the sounds of the battle going on just a couple yards away. I had trouble not letting my mind wander to my family's health. Eventually I crawled out from behind the bush where my uncle left me. I need to watch the battle. I peeked though a couple trees into the clearing, and saw mangled bodies scattered everywhere. I stood up and walked out of the tree line. My whole pack had been threatened and I had to make sure we were winning. As my gaze stretched across the large grass clearing, my worst fears had been confirmed. My father, Michael, Callie, and my uncle Xander were surrounded by at least a hundred rouges, but the they were not facing my family, they were facing their leader. The man that came back from the dead. That was not the biggest shocker, what really surprised me was the number of dead pack members I saw scattered on the ground, there were barely any! I looked around, and on the edge of the clearing were all of our pack members that had fought. They were mostly injured, but not dead, and that relieved me.
Even from this distance, my father sensed me. He looked at me, but quickly turned away. I assume he does not want the leader to notice me. I needed to help them even if all I could provide was a distraction, I tried to step out from tree line, but I was immediately was pulled back in by a stranger who then proceeded to put their hand over my mouth. I had my back to the stranger, I tried to thrash in his arms to get free, but my feeble attempts were unsuccessful. "Calm down Alex, it's just me." I know that voice, but he was supposed to be in New Hampshire at boarding school. "James?" He turned me around to face him, he has grown a lot in four years. Seeing his green eyes and light brown hair again almost made me forget about the war raging behind us. Almost.
"What happened? Alex, what is going on?" His features held nothing but confusion. "James, I can't believe you are back, but I don't have time to be happy or explain what is going on. There is a war, and the rouges are ferocious. I need you to help me save them, James I need my family to be safe." He looked in deep thought, glancing threw the tree line every once in a while, he finally spoke, " I will shift a sneak around behind the pack members and see if I can get some of them free. But Alex, you need to stay here, your shoulder is really injured and I can't let anything happen to you. Is my uncle out there?" he asked, probably hoping his uncle, our beta Michael was still alive. "Yes he- he is out there still, they all are." He pulled me into a hug, "I will try my hardest to help, I promise Alex." He let go and began to walk around towards the surrounded pack members, " be careful Jamie, please be careful" he smiled at me for using my childhood nickname for him. "I will". I hope he'll be ok, he is my best- and one of my only- friends and I have not seen him in four years, I guess he came to surprise me for my birthday. The thought of what tomorrow, was supposed to be saddened me. Wow, how pathetic can I get, my family is fighting for their lives and I am complaining about my inconvenient birthday.
I looked back out to the fight, I can not stand being this useless. I tried to find my father amongst the rouges that were still surrounding him. Once my eyes fell on him, I knew he was planning something. He nodded at Michael, Callie, Xander, and the third in command-Bryan. They all launched forward killing any rouge that got in their way. My heart is literally beating out of my chest. I still can not shake the drowsiness I felt after my significant blood loss.
I felt like my world was crashing down. I couldn't stand to watch my family get hurt, all the mean while, James is trying to help some pack members. I glanced back up to my dad. He was doing well, they all were. One by one the rouges started to drop, and I began to feel a shrivel of hope that we could win this war.
I heard a wolf howl, a rouge I guess. Next thing I know, most of the rouges guarding our pack members left to join the large fight occurring in the middle of the clearing. I saw James run towards me after he yelled out to the pack members to shift and fight.
"Are you alright?" James asked with worried eyes, I guess he finally noticed the extent of my injury. "Jamie I am fine. Don't worry about me, please go help them. We can not lose this." I begged for him to go help. " I will, I just needed to make sure you were ok." James shifted and ran off to help.
I sat on the forest floor watching a battle occur in front of me. At this point, about a third of the rouges were dead. I was indescribably proud of my pack and my family for fighting this strong. I was still worried about that indestructible rouge leader. I gazed over the clearing to try and spot him. But he was no where in sight, then again it was hard to see because the battle had gravitated more north from where it started.
I began to crawl into the now desolate part of the clearing. I was trying to get a closer look of the battle. As I am moving towards the battle, I couldn't help but notice the bodies scattered at my feet, although they were mostly rouges I still felt sick. I try not to look at the ground, but as I am walking I trip over a cold, lifeless body. Glancing back toward the body, I am thoroughly shocked. This deceased rouge looked exactly like the Rouge Alpha that bit me, only younger!
I did not have time to think about it, I needed to see the war taking place just north of me.
When I was finally close enough to see the battle, hope began to blossom. There were only around a hundred rouges left, and that number was quickly lowering with every attack my pack made. I was now almost positive that we could make it out of this war alright.
Yet again all of the hope I had, came crashing down. Oh how fate hates me. It was him, the Rouge Alpha. He ran into the middle of the battle, every single wolf moved out of his way. It was as though he was parting the Red Sea. Even I, a glorified human, could feel the power and hatred radiating off of him.
He keeps moving as though he is stalking his prey. My father, Michael, Callie, Xander, and Bryan stopped fighting, and stood there eyeing the Rouge Alpha while they got into their defensive stances. Now, all fighting has completely ceased. There was no noise, expect for the crunching of leaves underneath the Rouge leader' foot with every step he takes.
--------------------------------------------

Authors note:
~CHAPTER NOT EDITED~

I know updating is slow... school is consuming all of my time.

I will try my hardest to get the next update ASAP.

Finally, I just want to thank everyone who liked and commented on my story. I really appreciate it!

Love y'all!!!!!

Btw who is in love with James already!! Ik I am!!

- SparkleGirl