Prolouge

Mary's POV

"AAHHH" I yelled looking down at the floor, "baby, what's wrong!?!?" David asked looking at me in concern. "MY WATER BROKE" I yelled at him, knowing he would know exactly what to do, next thing I know I was put in the car and David was driving madly to the pack doctor's. "Ugh" I said squinching my eyes in pain, "Mary what's wrong, are you ok? he asked me looking away from the road to me and then quickly looking back, "I'm having contractions, drive faster!" I told him.

When we arrived at the doctors there was already a team gathered to take me in to my room and to get started, I was put on a gurney as they rushed me to my room, "Alpha, Luna" the pack doctor said nodding in respect. "AAHHHHH" I screamed in pain as another contraction rolled through. David was by my side within seconds, " how much longer until she can deliver?" David asked feeling every bit of pain I was. "Hey sis hows it going... OH GOD?!!!" Alexander my twin brother said walking into the room, "XANDER" I yelled at him needing to take my frustration out on someone. " Ok Luna, PUSH!" the pack doctor said and I didn't have to think twice.

...

" It's a girl!"

That's the last thing I heard as everything went black and all I could think was, I never got to see my beautiful baby girls face.

~

David's POV

" It's a girl!" The pack doctor, Alina, said as she handed me my daughter. I looked down into her beautiful golden eyes, just like her mother, I thought. Then, as if everything was moving in slow motion, I hear the slowing heart rate of my mate, immediately followed by a steady "beep".

I clutch my daughter in my arms as she cried, feeling like I was hit by lightning, signaling the death of my other half, my true love, my mate, Mary.

"Alpha, I am so sorry but... she's gone." Dr. Alina said to me with tears in her eyes. I knew she would never forgive herself for allowing the Luna to die, on her watch. The room went silent, the only sound is my baby girl crying in my arms.

They were all waiting for a response, what do I say, 'your Luna just died but everything will be alright'. 'Luna just died' was playing over, and over, in my head as I felt my wolf take over, but not before handing my daughter to Dr. Alina. I shifted into my large silver wolf and ran, I ran until I couldn't anymore.

I felt broken as I reached the cliff where I proposed to my wife, and let out a long painful, and sorrow filled howl. In that moment I knew that I needed to be strong, to get it together, for my pack and especially for my daughter. She was my anchor, the only thing keeping me sane.

I began running back to the pack house to find my daughter, that reminded me so much of her mother I decided to name her, just what her mother had wanted. I shifted, walked in seeing Mary's twin brother Alexander, or as most call him, Xander, Alpha of the Ridgeland pack.

Xander was holding my mere, hour old daughter. "Xander, how is she?", he looks at me with sad eyes, "she is doing fine, just finished feeding her." I nod. "May I hold my daughter" I say as I reach for her. "Oh sorry of course, David" he replied handing her to me. " Look I'm sorry about Mar-" I cut him off, "Xander, go home be with your mate and child... I-We will be fine." "Are you sure?" "Positive." He gave a nod and one last sorrowful glance at me and my daughter.

" I almost forgot, what's her name?" I looked up from daughter to Xander saying, "Alex, Alex Parker." He nodded once more before turning around and going home. I left with Alex soon after and took her to her room.

As I laid her down and gave her a kiss all I could think of was her mother, my dead mate, the only person I can ever love, Mary. I gave Alex a kiss on the forehead and promised that I would love and protect her for my whole life. At the end of my promise I made sure to tell her how much her mother loved her, as she dozed of to sleep.