Chapter 2~ Everything Changes (Part 1)

~Alex's POV
I felt the power surge through me, like I was being struck by lightning. My skin was burning, and I felt something awaken inside of me. I felt stronger, more powerful, and the reason scared me half to death. I haven't been able to shift since I was 15, but I still remember how it felt. This sudden feeling had me question everything that was going on. Today was my eighteenth birthday, and the day I became the first Female Alpha.

~13 hours earlier~
"Alex, I need you to go with the other females and hide in the protective room". "But dad, I--" "Alex, I really can not deal with this right now, take the files and go!" My dad looked serious, "alright" I told him. I reached up and pulled him into a hug, which he gratefully returned. Who knows what could happen, and being the daughter of an Alpha has taught me to always leave things settled between my father and I before he leaves. Michael, Callie, and my dad all turned to leave, they left so quickly that I was barely able to slip in an "I love you".

Once they left, I ran to the safe room, hoping that they haven't closed the doors yet. When I reached the room, I was delighted to see it still open, and walked in closing it behind me. I turned around, looking at all of the faces staring at me. No matter what was going on outside, I had to put on a strong face, which was kind of hard considering I didn't really know what was happening. I needed everyone to be ok, I wanted to celebrate my 18th birthday tomorrow happily, not mourning over my family.

After about two hours of moving around, I went to go sit down near some of the mothers and their children. "Alex, do you know what is going on out there?" Liz asked me. Liz and her husband, Trevor, were some of our pack warriors. Normally, Liz would be out there fighting alongside her husband, but she was pregnant so she had to stay in the safe room.

"I honestly do not know what is going on outside, but Michael said something about rouges". Liz looked down at her extremely pregnant belly, and back up again, "I hope everyone will be ok, especially Trevor". "Yah, me too." After that I stood up, I began pacing, as I normally do when I am nervous. Liz usually comforts me when things like this happens, but she seems worried, and that scares me. What's happening outside that has some of our best and most calm pack members, so riled up?

Suddenly one by one, some of the mothers began sobbing hysterically, it was obvious that their mates had been injured and it was affecting them. That was it, that was all it took for me to gain some courage and find out was happening. I slipped out of the safe room while everyone was trying to calm down the hysterical mothers, and after I made sure the door was secure, I went upstairs. It was in this moment, as I was walking outside from the pack house, that I knew something was wrong. I knew there were rouges but judging by all of the screaming, and the growls I can hear in the distance, I would say it is more like a war.

I ran as fast as I could under the dimming sun, I needed to help my pack. Even though I can't shift, I can still fight, and I would rather die then lose some pack members. It took me under three minutes to run the two miles to the clearing. The minute I stepped out of the tree line, I was bombarded by so many different scents and sound. The most prominent were blood and growls.

I looked around the clearing, trying to spot my fathers wolf, I needed to make sure he was ok. I was trying so hard to find him that I did not notice one of the biggest rouges I have ever seen, lunge for me. In the blink of an eye I was thrown to the ground, and my father was battling this rouge. I immediately assumed that he wasn't just any rouge, but the leader of the group. I proudly watched my father fight the rouge trying my best to help others around them.

All of a sudden, I hear the sickening snap of someone's neck. I turned around to see the rouge leader in the ground, and my father walking over to me. I could tell he was mad, but he did not have the time to reprimand me, we needed to win this fight. My father looked straight into my eyes, and without words, he told me to go back to the safe room. Realizing this whole thing was going to be over soon, I agreeably began to walk away.

I was about twenty paces out, when it happened, I quickly turned my head to see a whole new wave of rouges push through the opposite tree line, and into the clearing.

It was then that I truly understood the phrase "all hell broke loose".