Chapter 3: Nowhere but here

Author's Note:

Hey all. Here I am finally updating the next chapter. I know it's been so long. Life and studies and lots of other things got in the way but now I have started writing once again and have many stories planned but before all that will definitely finish this story. So here is a new chapter.

Here's a small recap on what has happened so far in the story:

Gibbs and Jack have been tasked with staking out a suspect's house on Christmas Eve. When the suspect arrives guns are drawn and thus a chase ensues leading Gibbs and Jack into an abandoned building. Where the suspect gets the jump on them traps both Gibbs and Jack inside a room and takes off. This chapter continues from there.

______________________________________________

After five minutes...Inside the room where Gibbs and Jack are trapped….

Trapping both Gibbs and Jack inside, the metal doors stood there gigantically, shut tight, impossible for anyone to pry it open or even create a small dent in it no matter how hard one tried.

But it did not stop Gibbs. He kept trying his best to pry the door open while Jack stood behind him, watching him, rolling her eyes behind his back.

It always surprised her how a wise and experienced man like him could sometimes behave like a complete child. He had to know that it was impossible to open those doors with bare hands, but the fact that Gibbs kept banging and kicking the door only made Jack roll her eyes. She liked to sometimes fantasise that Gibbs was a superhero in many aspects but even he couldn't pry open a metal door with his bare hands.

"Gibbs. Gibbs.," After being unable to watch the sight of him banging on the poor door she finally stepped in, " You do know that the door is made of metal right???"

He abruptly stopped the banging and threw her a questioning look at her.  His patented "You-got-a-point?" Look.

"I know you are a cowboy. I know that you always do all kinds of crazy stuff," She continued ignoring the look he gave her," But even you cannot win a kicking match with a metal door."

Gibbs kept up his staring contest with her but she wasn't fooled by it. By now she knew him well enough to know that Gibbs always brought up his starring facade whenever he didn't have anything to say or when he didn't want the other person to know what he was feeling.

Suppressing a smile Jack decided to leave him to his kicking match with the door and decided to start looking around the room in the hopes of finding a light switch or lamp or anything to shed some light to see what they were dealing with.

"We both sure picked one hell of a place huh?," Walking around the room Jack commented, " To be locked inside together??"

"You think Jack?" He scoffed, making Jack throw a look at him.

While Jack was looking around, touching the walls and the tables in the room searching for the light switch, Gibbs found the switch within just a single swing of his hands in front of him and he immediately flipped it on, making waves of brightness lighting the dark room.

At the sudden brightness, they both squinted their eyes and tried to adjust their sight. Once they got comfortable, they slowly blinked and started looking around.

"What is this place???" Jack queried furrowing his brows while looking at the room they were trapped in for the foreseeable future.

Everything in that room screamed creepyness. The room was a little bigger than the size of their squadron but the difference was that instead of orange walls thick, mystic blue colour filled the walls in that room and dust had collected all over the place like it had seen no occupant in over a decade or so. And with that the room was packed with all kinds of weird stuff. Stuff which you wouldn't expect to see in any normal room.