FTNCT |Chapter 12|

Start from the beginning

"You worry about being a good striker and I'll worry about the defencemen."

He gave me a look, "you better be good."

I returned it, "Trust me."

"I am, with my life."

I snorted.

The school came into my view and Dillon and I parted ways immediately. It was as if we did not what to seen near each other longer than necessary. I headed towards my locker. As I spun the combination, a slip of paper seemed to have slipped out. Scribbled in messy writing was a quick note:

One week before the game. Want to get you most prepared as possible. Meet me in gym B after school at 3:55 sharp. I'll be waiting

-Your fantastic, amazing, loving, caring Soccer Coach Nicholas.

I smiled as I read the last part. I quickly shoved the note back into my locker before anyone else could see it.

"What are you smiling for? Sophia said.

I yelped and glared at her. "Why did you sneak up on me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "No reason. Just wanted to see why you were grinning like a Cheshire cat."

"Can't a girl smile just because the sun is shining through the glass panels of our school?" I replied.

Sophia gave me a quizzed look and pointed towards the windows. "Sweetheart, it is dark, gloomy outside. Do you need to borrow my glasses by any chance?"

I followed her gaze, "oops" I muttered.

Sophia went to her locker and I stood beside her. When she opened it, I saw a brown teddy with a cute Christmas hat on it.

"Who gave you that?" I asked.

Sophia actually turned pink. No joke. My curiosity was peaking by the minute.

"No one," she mumbled.

"I'm being serious, Sophia." I grabbed the teddy bear and ran away from her.

"Alana," she screamed "come back here!"

People in the hallways were looking very weirdly at us. I turned around to see how far away Sophia was but in doing so, I managed to bump into a very hard body.

"It's you again?" A voice questioned.

I looked up to see Dillon looking down on me.

"What is your problem? It's like your stalking me!"

I snorted. "You're the one that is stalking me. I could have you reported you know?"

He sighed. It seemed he did that a lot when he was around me. He looked back at me and his gaze deepened on the stuff animal beside me.

"Where did you get that from?" He asked in a quiet voice.

I looked at him weirdly. "Someone gave it to Sophia. She's not telling me who is-"

The teddy bear had been snatched out of my hands. I looked beside me to see Sophia smirking, "Got it."

I sighed and looked back at Dillon who was still looking at the teddy bear, now in Sophia's hands. What was wrong with this kid?

I snapped my fingers in front of his face. "Dill Pickle, you okay?"

"Don't call me that." He snapped.

"Sheesh," I responded.

The early bell rang signaling there was only five minutes left to go to class.