𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖘𝖊𝖖𝖚𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊

They were able to get to Mayrina and bring her husband back, although he didn't look near as lively as he did in the past, taking on the new shape of a decaying zombie. Still, Mayrina ended up taking him with her. Aera thought it a bit inhumane for the husband, but she decided it wasn't her business. 

The group had set up camp after leaving the swamp. Aera sat by herself, strumming the strings of her Lute, trying to take her mind off the memories Auntie Ethel had plagued her with. 

But still they appeared, clear as day behind her eyelids. 

As she opened her eyes, she noticed the group walking over to her. Wyll held a plate of cooked pork belly and grilled vegetables. Karlach held a teddy bear, Shadowheart held a flute. Astarion carried a bottle of wine and some chalices, Gale held something in one hand that she couldn't see. Aera looked at them in confusion. The only one who seemed annoyed was Lae'zel, her arms crossed, unwilling to meet Aera's gaze. 

"What's going on?" Aera asked, stopping her strumming. 

"We wanted to spend some time with you," Wyll said. "Right guys?" 

Everyone looked at Lae'zel. She frowned, but eventually sighed. 

"Fine." 

"Good." Wyll smiled down at Aera. "Do you mind if we join you?" 

Aera gestured to the space in front of her, indicating she didn't mind. 

Everyone sat down in a semi circle. From the left, it was Gale, Karlach, Wyll, Shadowheart, Astarion, and Lae'zel. 

"Is everything okay?" Aera asked, setting her Lute to the side. 

"That's what we were wondering," Gale said. "You gave us quite a scare earlier." 

She nodded. "She just got in my head is all. But I will be okay." 

Wyll put the plate of food in front of her and gestured for Astarion to pour the wine. He jumped in realization, then proceeded to open the bottle and let the red liquid flow into the chalice. Aera didn't even care that she didn't like red wine much. Alcohol sounded good. A small smile appeared on her face. 

"Thank you guys. This was um... very kind of you." 

"You better drink this," Astarion said, handing her the chalice. "It's my best bottle. Well, the best bottle I could find in this blasted forest." 

She chuckled, her heart undeniably warmed. "Okay." 

"Here you go soldier," Karlach said, plopping the teddy bear down next to her. "I know it's childish, but Clive has helped me a lot throughout my life. I figured he could keep you company tonight." 

Aera smiled, then turned to look at the teddy bear for a moment. "Thank you Karlach. That means a lot." 

Karlach beamed. 

"This isn't much, but you um... like music, so... I found this in the teahouse. It's yours if you want it." Shadowheart put the flute in front of her and turned a bit red from embarrassment. Aera laughed softly. 

"Thank you. I'll definitely be keeping this." 

"You don't have to of course," Shadowheart interjected quickly. 

Aera smiled down at the flute. "I want to. I don't get gifts very often." 

"Oh... good." Shadowheart allowed herself to smile. 

Wyll gestured to Gale. They made eye contact, Aera curious to see what the wizard had managed to conjure up. 

"This isn't the best gift if I'm being honest," Gale said. "But I hope you like it."