Chapter 8

Yeorin sat next to the stair case and waited for Hyunsu to come back. Hours went by already and the girl grew more worried each second passed.

What if something happened? Not just to Hyunsu but to Suyeong or Yeongsu? Yeorin dearly wished she went with him, regretting not contradicting to Eunhyuks words and going. She was being useless again.
Why couldn't she get through Eunhyuk? Or why couldn't she get through herself? Why couldn't she never have the assertiveness she wanted? The assertiveness she needed.

A frown made it's way on Yeorins face subconsciously but she got pulled out of her thoughts with a flinch when a few boxes rolled down the stairs.

Yeorin quickly rolled to the side, avoiding getting hit and Jaehwan and the other guy that guided the exit stood up to dodge the boxes as well.

Yeorin walked over to the two men and looked at the stair case where Sangwok was coming down. The man let himself in and Yeorin frowned upon seeing what he's doing.

"Hey." Jaeheon stopped Sangwok but was quickly shaken off before Sangwok walked off.

Yeorin walked over to Jaeheon who picked the phone Sangwok dropped up. They both looked at it, Yeorins confusion more visible than what Jaeheon thought.

The girl didn't waste another second before going, a second time this day, after Sangwok.
She didn't get to talk to him. She wanted to know what he was thinking, why he was acting the way he is and why he was doing what he does. She wanted to understand.

Yeorin followed, sure of the fact that Sangwok probably knew she was behind him but none of the two saw coming what happened next.

Yunjae came from the right and hit Sangwok with a hammer on his head.
The man fell to the side as Yunjae continued to hit him.

Yeorin stood her ground, looking back to where she came from before looking at the scene in front of her with a frustrated groan "Again?! Really?!"

Yeorin quickly ran forward, taking Yunjaes hand in hers to prevent him from hitting Sangwok again.
Yunjae tried to pull away from her grip but Yeorin was determined to get this hammer from him.

Both struggled as they fought for the weapon until Yunjae used his free hand to grab Yeorin by her scalp.
The girl groaned in pain from the harsh grip but didn't let go.

Yunjae used his grip to push Yeorins head into the nearby wall but her grip only tightened on his hand and the weapon. Yunjae continued to hit her head in the wall until he felt her grip loosen. He ripped his hand away from hers, bringing the weapon at a distance from her before he made a move to hit her with it.

Yeorin blinked the blood that flowed down the side of her head and into her eye away to see Sangwok grabbing Yunjaes wrist before he could land a hit.

Yunjae was completely pulled away from her by Sangwok and the man started to beat up Yunjae, taking the hammer from his hands to use it himself.

Yeorin leaned again the wall and blinked her eyes to gain her vision back. When she could see halfway clear again and without black dots and blood in her vision she walked to where the fight was.

Sangwok pushed Yunjae through the wall and in sight of the other residents.

Sangwok climbed over the broken wall while Yunjae limped towards the people, all bloody and holding his side "He's a murderer. That man's a murderer."

Sangwok hit Yunjaes leg from behind and he fell down with a painful shout.

"You fucking murderer." Yunjae looked at Sangwok who was standing above him.