Chapter 18 - The Job

ابدأ من البداية

"Why, to the bathroom, milady." He grins up at me.

Moments later, the warm water is cascading down my body.

"What's happening?" I mumble.

He grins down at me, wiggling his brows. "I'm giving you a shower, silly. And meself, fer that matter. Time to clean up after all the lovely mess we made last night." His voice is laced with amusement.

I giggle, sensing my cheeks flushing. "But we have a visitor. Might be too late."

Liam tightens his grip, now holding me firmly against his chest. "Never too late for a quick shower," he declares, slapping my butt cheeks naughtily. "Especially not, for sharing one with you."

"Oh fine," I roll my eyes, giving up the struggle. I nestle my head against his shoulder, enjoying the feel of warm water on my skin.

Liam gently soaps me up, his hands moving with practiced ease.

I relish in his familiar, sensual touch. "Mmm, it's lovely."

A sense of peace washes over me, the tension and ugliness of yesterday melting away with each of his rubs.

I catch Liam's gaze, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"What are you looking at?" I tease.

"That gorgeous body of yers." He stands behind me as his palms caress my shoulders, massage my back, and then cup my breasts with agonizing tenderness, as he washes my skin.

He bathes me with tenderness that speaks of deep affection.

I turn around and he pulls me in an impossibly firm and protective hug, as I massage his scarred back.
The steam billows from the shower, filling the air with a humid embrace.

I glance up and I can't look away from the perfection of a man standing before me.

His damp and tousled hair is slicked back from his forehead, revealing his chiseled features.

My petite form feels dwarfed by his imposing presence.

"I'd like to return the favor," I hear myself say.

"I'd like that too, sweetheart," Liam hums.

I reach for the soap, its smooth, fragrant surface cool against my palm. The fragrance of the rich, creamy lather mingles with the steamy air.

As I massage the soap into Liam's skin, my movements are slow and deliberate. My fingers trace the contours of his body, lingering on the muscles of his arms, the planes of his chest and the sculpted lines of his abdomen.

We stand there for a long time, lost in each other's arms, sharing this impossibly intimate moment.

"I think we should go and see what all the fuss is about," I whisper, and Liam groans.

"I could think of a better use fer me time right now," he complains, as I sense his budding erection poke me into my lower abdomen. "But yer right. We have all the time in the world. All the showers in the world."

As we step out of the tub, Liam wraps me in a warm towel. He makes a valiant attempt at drying my hair, his fingers gently massaging my scalp.

I lean into his touch, rubbing my cheek against his stubble, melting into his embrace.

Liam dips his head and imprisons my lower lip between his teeth with gentleness, a promise of more such kisses to come. I wrap my arms around him, our bodies humming at the contact, feeling the warmth of affection coursing through my veins.

At this moment, we are perfect.

Two souls entwined, united, ready to face anything the world may throw at us.