Chapter 13 - The Wrath

Start from the beginning

"Liam..." I cry out as he lays beside me on the bed, and peppers kisses between my pert breasts next, his five-o-clock shadow stubble pleasantly scratching my cold skin. "I want..."

"I know, sweetheart," Liam grunts.

"I want to erase everything that happened. Can you do that for me?"

He nods wordlessly, his warm palm wandering down my stomach and settling itself between my thighs.

Loud gasps that abandon my lips almost frighten me as Liam's expert fingers circle inside me, tenderly pushing in and out.

He settles himself between my legs, his tongue coating my skin with wet, delicate kisses. As it moves to torture my sensitive, fleshy nub, all thoughts and worries I ever had fly out of the window.

My consciousness melts and I clutch Liam's shoulders harder, grinding shamelessly against his hand as he increases his pace, following my rhythm.

My moans and pants mingle with the slick sounds of his nimble fingers entering me in a continuous rhythm. In, and out, faster, and deeper, until I split apart with a sharp cry of his name, drowning in the salty sea of his scent.

Liam doesn't pull his fingers out. He presses his thumb against my clit again, letting me ride out the waves of my orgasm until my bodily trembles fully subside, and I drift away to mindless sleep.

When I wake up, the space beside me is empty.

What a surprise. Not. I roll my eyes at the sight.

At least my pillow smells like him. I roll over and bury my face into the material and inhale.

Liam's comforting, familiar scent is the only soothing beacon to me right now, in the sea of troubles.

I close my eyes and blow out a breath. What my mother did should come as more of a shock to me in the broad daylight, but it doesn't.

I'm quickly learning that nothing about this world is black and white. Zerina fought for her freedom yesterday and won.

The desire to find and pin down my elusive, duplicitous mother is overwhelming, but so is the hunger.

A drumbeat echoes in the depths of my belly, and after wrapping myself closer in a satin nightgown, I putter to the kitchen, blushing as I feel my thighs still pulsating from last night's desire.

Rummaging through the cupboards doesn't turn up much as usual, and Nana O'Grady is nowhere to be found.

Heck, I don't even know what time it is.

Nico enters the room, and wordlessly dumps a paper bag on the floor. I approach it with caution.

He did some grocery shopping, alright, but the man has no taste for anything with sugar in it.

Weetabix it is, then.

I grab a bowl and sit down at the table across from him, who is already scowling at me. He's in fine form this morning, but I can't help but feel so guilty. Nico must already know about everything that happened, and Liam's probably asking him to cover for me.

"Where's Liam?" I whisper.

"He had business to tend to."

He continues to watch me eat, his eyes narrowed and the wheels in his eerily quiet head turning. By the time my spoon clatters into the empty bowl, I'm incredibly tense and just about ready to throw it at him.

"He's gone already? He hardly got any sleep," I mumble conversationally round a mouthful of cereal.

"Welcome to his life," Nico answers dryly.