CONSPIRACY

"your highness, I am here to prepare you for your wedding night" a lady said as she entered into my chamber with her head bowed, she looks more matured than the rest I have seen so far, I guess she had been her longer.

"please this way " she said as she led me to my bathing chamber and filled my the water with many scented soaps and perfumes giving it an amazing scent.

"her highness is going to look so beautiful the king would not be able to take his hands of you tonight" she said as she dressed me up in a royal seductive  night gown with net at the top, showing a large part of my bre3st, although I am not ready for this, but I have no other option by to accept it, as I have come to know the king doesn't like rejection and I learnt it first hand in the hotel, and if I want to be better and keep my husband from bedding his concubines, I have to do this, and I have already prepared my self mentally from what might happen tonight, with the small knowledge I have of the past, with Leonora talking about her intimate activities with my brother, and Flora talking about hers with men , I have come to know what I should expect tonight.

"his highness will see you shortly, I will go tell him  you are ready" she said as she stepped outside, leaving me to wait patiently in my chamber.
Yana stepped inside, after an hour of waiting for his highness with no trace of his coming.

"my lady his highness said I should invite you to his chamber," she said to me with a smile on her face. I immediately stood up as she gestured for me to follow her leading me deeper inside the hall of the harem. "why are we going this way," I asked her out of curiosity because as far as I know kings don't have their chambers inside their women's harem,  "my lady this us the fastest way to his chamber, as it is far off if we take another way" Yana said to Astriana with an evil glint in her eyes unknown to Astriana as she quietly followed her.

"ahh your highness be gentle there is no rush this night" I heard a familiar voice shout as we passed one of the chambers which look very grand in style looking at the outside decorations and I stopped to see the Kings guard standing at the front of the door.
"whose room is that" is asked Yana, as she turned to face me,
"that's Lady Safeera's room, it seems she is busy with his highness, how could he leave you at your wedding night to bed another woman" Yana said with a fake sorrowful expression and I am not a fool not to know this is all planned.

I steeped forward to go inside to see for my self as the guards stopped me , I can not belive his highness kept me waiting for him while he went to bed his lover, on my wedding night of all days, how could he do this to me, no lady would tolerate this.
"my Lady I am sorry but we can not let you in, his highness is currently busy, and he said to not let anybody disturb him" one of the guards said as the kept their gazes at the floor with red faces, and only then did I realise that I am still wearing the night gown prepared for me, and my body is on an open show, I tried to cover my body with my arms, as tears formed in my eyes, and I blinked them away.

"take me back" I said to Yana with an expressionless voice as  I walked away, still hearing their loud moaning as if doing it to hunt me, and telling me I can never have that, she lead me back to my chambers quietly.
"retire for the night" I said to Yana, as she left my chamber without any objection.

I sat down on my bed as tears flowed down my eyes without my knowing and I wipped them away, no I refuse to cry for him, why am I crying over this, I never expected him to have an ounce of love for me, but the facts can't change, and that is he is my husband, and this is the highest form of disrespect he can show to me, and that is bedding another woman on my wedding night, while leaving me waiting for him in my chambers, maybe he is doing this to punish me because he thinks I disrespected him earlier by wearing blue clothing.

I must find a way to prove my innocence tomorrow and make him regret his actions, I said to myself as I laid on my bed .

***************************************************
The next day came like a blink of an eye as I laid on my bed tossing all night thinking of a way to prove myself, while continously thinking of the king and Safeera lying on the bed together in tangled sheets.

"bring in Yana, Chera and Melina" the king said as one of the guard rushed to bring them out of the crowd a d they came to stand in front of him with lowered gazes.

"my wife said that the blue gown she wore to attend the announcement yesterday was provided by you, and she never receive any red gown " the king said, wife I said in my mind as I smiled to myself, it feels so good being called that name.

"what do you have to say about that" he questioned them as their gazes remained on the ground while I rejoice charge the maids in his palace for treason, and I am so sure they were instructed to do this by somebody.

"I agree your highness we did dress her highness yesterday" Yana said as I smiled widely,
"but she was the  one who instructed us to wear her a blue gown which she asked us to prepare for her as she wants to represent her kingdom at the announcement", "we told her we would be gravely punished for this, and it is compulsory to wear it , as the king has sent it for her, but she still refused, as a lowly maid, there is no way I can argue with my master" she said as she fell on her knees and started crying as the others joined her,

"Your highness, if you do not belive me you can check her room, she told me to keep it in her cupboard" Yana said as my eyes became wide like it wanted to buldge out of my head, I am not   that naive  not to know that I am being framed, and I am so sure that she must have kept the dress his highness sent for me in the cupboard.

"go check her room" the king shouted as the kings personal maid  ran out along with two guards for witness, and returned few minutes later.
"I found it your highness, and in her highnesses left cupboard" she said with her head down.