HIS PALACE

After tossing and turning, I did not know when sleep took me.

Kaden walked in the room after being outside for hours trying to control his blood lust, to avoid sucking her dry and kill her , whom is his only hope to end this, and  the only way he could do that was by having blood on his hands, because his lack of  blood for the past few days while he was in Nardsia, his blood lust ran really high , so he had to kill a trader coming home and held under a shade by the storm, and sucked him dry .
He can still remember the look the man gave him when he was taking his final breath, that look of shock, fear, and anguish, that look of pity, begging him to have mercy, but he just can't control his actions, that look that refers to him as a monster, a beast ending innocent life's. And he sees them everytime he closes his eyes, they appear in his dreams, hunting and accusing him of ending their life's.

He knows the sixth day would come soon, and then he would have no control of his actions and go rampage, hopefully the royal seer would be able to free him of the godforsaken curse  now that he has Astriana in his possession, and after that he would take every single bit of revenge o her for all he and his generation had to go through because of her.

***************************************************

The ride to the palace  was unusually quiet, though it is a normal thing to King Kaden, but today the air seems different.
I can still remember this morning when I came down from the room I the Motel, seeing the staffs stotic expressions, and the whole place going chaotic as every room was evacuating, with fear on the customers faces.

I finally got courage to ask a woman I saw rushing towards the main door holding her two children in her hands and she told me they found a dead body of a man laying peacefully on the floor of the motels reception room, with a big hole at the center of his chest, and  his heart laying besides him, with two puncture holes on his neck.
They identified him to be a trader at a nearby shop, and I can still remember the coldness that sipped through my veins after  news, I am so happy to be out of there and back outside, without having to look over my shoulders for a killer that might attack me, she can not still believe her ears when she heard he had puncture holes on his neck, she had always thought about vampires to be a myths and legend, and above all she hated them with all her heart because she was told be her nanny during childhood that her mother was killed by a Vampire, and she vowed to her self that day to kill any vampire she came across, she and Flora had once snuck outside the palace gate to go vampire hunting and avenge the death of their mother by killing their people, but they were found by the palace guards some few hours later after tolling in the woods of Nardsia and still came empty handed, since then, she believed vampires to just be a myth and legend used to sacre children. But now she knows they had come out of hiding, and she would have her revenge, she thought to her self.

"my lady we have arrived" the coach man said as he came to knock on the door of my carriage as I held on my breadth for what might be awaiting me.
I came down from the carriage, with gentle steps to avoid tripping on my foot the first time in my husband's palace.

After finally reaching the last step I looked up to see people gathered at the entrance of the door looking and studying me like I was some object, some gazes with surprise and shock like they were not expecting their king to bring a new woman, some with smiles, and mostly confusion.
I looked at my side to see the King standing looking at me with an expression that reads  'hurry up', as I quickly rushed to his side while he walked forward.

"This is my wife, Princess Astriana Morusus from Nardsia" he said as he addressed the crowd, and all the women's gazes turned to face mine with envy.
He walked forward leaving me their, as women rushed to gather at his side, and a fair beautiful lady  stepped foward wearing different ornaments on her hands, neck and legs, dressed in a seductive red gown showcasing huge amount of cleavages, and tight at her waist with a huge slot on her lap showcasing her fair smooth skin on her legs , "My lord, welcome, I have been waiting for you for days" she said rubbing up his arms affectionately as he raised his hands to silence her and walked foward leaving her standing there as all the women's faces changed to that of disappointment.

I wonder who she is, is she Safeera, I muttered to my self, as I looked around to find anybody with distinct and beautiful features, I don't know why but I am suddenly curious of who Safeera might be.
"my lady this way" one of the guards said as he lead me to the women's quarters, while a matured lady, whom I have come to identify as the head servant showed me to my quarters.

"it's an honor to serve you my lady" she said, Melina , my  maid said to me with a shy smile as she kept her looking at the floor not daring to raise her heads, she  was sent to me as my official personal maid in the palace , and I was told my the head servant of the palace  that they were three maids assigned to me, as the Kings wife , but I have only meet one and she has been attending to me since I arrived at the palace this afternoon, I have never in my life experience when a servant keeps their masters waiting, an the thoughts angers me alot, it is one of the highest disrespect given to a royal, and I can not belive that the other two maids in this palace could go this to me, their kings wife without fear.

Looking at Melina, she reminds me so  much of Flora, oh how much I missed her.

"why did you keep me waiting", I said to the two maids, politely, not wanting to make enemies on my first day here, after they introduced their self, as they finally decided to show up at my quater, barging in without any ounce of respect.

"we where busy" Yana  said looking at me dead in the eyes without a hint of fear, while the other maid  Chera still stood high, but she had a small show of fear in her eyes which she  quickly covered but I can clearly see through as she keeps rubbing her fingers nervously  together and wiping them on her bright red maids clothing while looking at me, not expecting  me to see through her facade, while Melina stood looking at them with wide eyes, while looking back at me with fear in her eyes to see my reaction, but I notice there is no hint of surprise in her face for her mates action.

I wonder if this is how the maids in the palace are trained, but I highly doubt it since I know they all have fear for their King, when I saw the way they cowered in his presence when he addressed them when we entered the palace together, but why don't they have fear for me, I wondered in my mind.

"your highness we where told to prepare you for this evening for the royal announcement of the Kings marriage" Chera, finally spoke, with her small voice, why trying to show courage looking me in the eyes as she clenched her hands together.