Three

Hammerhead

As we left the diner, Ignis flagged down Noctis, and we all stopped outside, ensuring we weren't blocking the diner entrance. "A moment, Noct?"

"Yeah?" Noctis turns to face Ignis with his arms crossed.

"We've expended the last of our funds on the repairs. I suggest we confer with Cindy."

"Broken down-" Prompto starts.

"-And flat our broke." I finish, earning a wink from Prompto, causing my cheeks to flush slightly.

"Adding insult to injury," Ignis adds.

"Old man's in for both after charging us that much," Gladio huffs.

"Yeah, let's pay him a visit," Noctis says as he walks ahead of us with Ignis in tow.

"It is a smart tactic, charging a lot on repairs. Especially since the Regalia is one of a kind," I shrug, earning a scoff from Prompto.

"And whose side are you on?" I roll my eyes at Prompto's words.

"I was wondering when you two would start squabbling." Gladio chuckles.

"It isn't much of a squabble," I smirk as I sped up to catch up to Ignis and Noctis. We all reached Cindy, who was standing outside the garage, she smiled at us and placed her hand on her hip.

"She ain't gon' be ready for a while. Y'all need somethin'?" she asks. Noctis looked at Ignis for guidance as he wasn't sure what to say next, so I walked forward slightly, catching her attention.

"We're sorta low on money after paying for the repairs."

"Oh, now I get it. That's what Paw-paw meant when he said he was gonna 'teach them boys a lesson'. Told me oughta have y'all take care of some ornery varmints that've been causin' a ruckus 'round here." She crosses her arms with a smile, brightening her already bright face. "I'd be happy to pay y'all for your services if you're up to the challenge. How 'bout it?"

"So much for finding an easy way out," Prompto sighs. "Thanks a lot, 'Paw-paw'."

"But don't go runnin' 'round after dark," Cindy reminds us. "The daemons are liable to rip y'all to shreds." She takes some gil out of her pocket, handing it to Noctis. "Here- this oughta be enough for a place to stay. Just between us. Don't tell Paw-paw!"

"Thank you for the help, Cindy," I say with a grateful smile.

We left the garage and headed toward where Cindy told us the varmints were. I dragged my feet along as we walked. My legs weren't used to all this walking around, Prompto looked back towards the outpost. "Wow. They've got a lot of different stuff here, huh?"

"That's usually how it works," Noctis responds, folding the map and putting it into his pocket. He pointed ahead of us, and there was a group of scorpion-like daemons with big pinchers and a long tail with a barb. "I think that's the one we're looking for,"

"Looks like we've found our first targets. Ready Noct?" Ignis summons his sharp daggers while looking at the prince.

I grabbed mine from my pocket, gripping it tightly. "You've got this, Azura. Father has taught you a lot," I mutter as I prepare for my first hand at combat.

"I was born ready," Noctis summons his engine blade. Gladio summons his greatsword while Prompto summons his two pistols. Unlike them, I don't possess the same powers and can't summon weapons. I can only use basic magic and healing. Cor gifted me my dagger on my fifteenth birthday, and ever since I received it, I have been doing combat training. However, he always told me to be swift and use the dagger when needed, which meant never. I was told to keep a distance and stick to magic.