Five

Hammerhead

After that amazing yet scary experience with that giant creature, we finally returned to Hammerhead after hours of walking. Walking up to Cid's garage with complaints from Prompto and me, we spotted the Regalia all ready and waiting on us. It was all polished, clean, and ready to continue our travels to Altissia. Cindy stood next to the car with her usual warm smile.

"Sorry 'bout the wait. Ain't she purdy?" Cindy grins, and Gladio returns it.

"She's almost too pretty for the road."

"She's back!" Prompto, whoops, excitedly. "We should all get a picture with her!" Prompto gets his camera out, handing it to Cindy so she can take the photograph.

Gladio and Ignis each stand at either side of the car, while Noctis and Prompto sit at the front. I stand there momentarily, wondering where I could pose, when Noctis grabs my attention. "Sit with us."

I nod, squeeze in beside the duo, and smile brightly. Cindy took the picture and we all step away from the car, Cindy approached Noctis after giving Prompto his camera back.

"All the more reason to ride with care. Oh, before I forget," Cindy says, touching her hip. "Would y'all mind makin' a little delivery for me?"

"No, not at all," Noctis says, shaking his head.

"Perfect! Thought you'd say yes, so I already put it in the trunk. There should be a motel on your way to Galdin. If y'all wouldn't mind giving that to the owner, that'd be swell."

"Grandpa, like grandkid." Noctis chuckles light-heartedly.

"It was my pleasure. Please come and visit anytime!" Cindy bows before straightening her posture.

"Yeah! Will do!" Prompto says enthusiastically, and I huff, causing Noctis to nudge me slightly.

"Jealousy isn't a good look on you." Noctis says, making me scowl at him.

"Now that she's all polished up and ready for the road, would you care to take her for a little test drive, Noct?" Ignis asks, adjusting his glasses.

"Sure, why not?" Noctis responds, in a cool tone.

"I needn't remind you to exercise caution." Ignis warns.

"Everybody in," Noctis calls out, climbing into the driver's seat.

"Aw, man," I pout. "I'm stuck in the back with the two giants who will no doubt be manspreading."

"You're short and small. You'll manage." I mock Noctis' words earning him to glare at me. "It's just a test drive. Iggy will take over for the journey to this motel."

"Good," I said, climbing in and trying not to get squished by the two tallest members as they got in after me.

⊱⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⊰

After the near-death experience of Noctis' driving, Ignis took over, thank the gods. I was sleepy, so I rested my head on Gladio's broad shoulders and rested my eyes for a minute when Prompto spoke up.

"Hammerhead is like no garage ever, y'know?"

"Well, it looks normal for me, all due to me never leaving Insomnia or the castle." I shrug, not moving my head from Gladio's comfortable shoulder.