Two

Hammerhead

"We made it!" I exclaimed with excitement while everyone else, except Ignis, was exhausted.

While waiting for someone to examine our car, we stayed beside it, and I took a look around. I was impressed by the small town of Hammerhead, which had the usual gas station with gas pumps, a diner, a convenience store, a small vendor off to the side, and a large garage where I'm assuming repairs were carried out.

I sat down next to Noctis, taking in the unfamiliar surroundings and scents. He rested his head on my shoulder to catch his breath, but I was too preoccupied to pay attention. Suddenly, a woman with a Southern accent called out to us.

"Hey there, y'all kept a girl waitin'!"

I looked up and saw a woman approaching us. She appeared to be around our age, had short, wavy blonde hair and bright green eyes, and was wearing a very revealing outfit. She had a bright smile, which made her seem bubbly and friendly, much like Prompto. Ignis helped me to stand up, earning a groan from Noctis. I dusted my skirt off, ensuring the gravel on the ground didn't ruin it.

"Now, which one's the prince?" She wondered as she looked around at all four men, trying to sus out who the person she was looking for was. Noctis stands tiredly, catching her eyes quickly and easily.

"Aha!" She hurried around the car to greet him. "Hello. Your Highness, congrats on yer wedding!"

"Not hitched just yet," Noctis shrugs, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. I scrunch my nose at the sight, as he always tends to react this way when his wedding gets mentioned.

"Lady Lunafreya's groom-to-be here in Hammerhead," she gushes. Noctis opens his mouth to speak but gets interrupted by Ignis.

"Apologies for taking so long."

"You best save your apologies for Paw-Paw," She rested her hands on her hips as she circled the car, inspecting what she could. I looked up at Prompto, who was staring at her lustfully. My eyes were saddened at the thought, but I kept myself together and sighed heavily.

"Well, that makes you...?" Gladio asks without actually asking her name. The girl straightened her back and put her hand over her busty chest.

"Cindy- Cid's grease-monkey granddaughter," she says brightly.

"Roll'er in while I'm still young!" an older man calls out. An old man steps towards the Regalia, wearing a leather jacket, a red and white shirt, and baggy blue pants. His face was filled with wrinkles showing his age, and his greying hair stuck out of his baseball cap. "Didn't yer daddy tell ya? She's a custom classic, not some beat-up ol' clunker." The grey-bearded man locks eyes with Noctis. "Prince Noctis."

"Uh, yeah?" Noctis acknowledges, puzzled.

"Prince," he scoffs as he lowers his head. "Like they took your old man and kicked the dignity out of him."

"What?" Noctis asks as Cid circles the Regalia like it is his prey.

"You got a long way to go, son. And that slack-jaw's gettin' you nowhere fast."

Noctis sighed as Cid ran his gloves over the car's hood and tugged on his hat. "She's gonna take a while. Y'all get her in and then run along." Cid returned to his garage, leaving us slightly confused about what happened. Cindy let out a sigh before turning to face us.

"Y'all heard him! Let's get movin'. Right this way."

I observed as they all pushed the car into the garage and then came back out. Prompto seemed to be checking out Cindy again, so I looked down at my chest to compare sizes. However, Noctis caught me, so I quickly stopped and pretended to dust my top as if something were on it.