Part Two: Wild Rat Chase

Utonium is running around in his lab like a rat. Grabbing any gizmo, gadget, and gun that looked remotely helpful. He finds that Him didn't stay far behind. "What exactly did you hear about me?" The demon inquires, watching the scientist scramble around for his inventions. "Well," Utonium chirps, pausing his scrambling panic, "It certainly didn't sound like you. Bellum said nobody saw the face, but everything else was you, it happened less than 10 minutes ago, so it happened while you were here, and when you managed to catch the girls you fled to the sewers." Him grimaces, "That's what people are accusing me of? Quite frankly, it's an insult for you to think I'd stoop so low. Sewers? Attempted anonymity? That's not me at all!" Utonium smiles, getting a good feeling about Him's assistance in the mission. "Good. It better not have been." He states, throwing a camping backpack full of weaponry on, "Now, please, portal us... into the Townsville Sewers." Utonium asks.

    "...gross." Him mumbles, angrily turning his back on the scientist. He opens a portal, leading to a soggy, moldy tunnel beneath the town. Grabbing Him's hand, Utonium steps into the sewer as if it's Narnia. Him closes the cosmic hole behind them. "Now what?" Him asks, disgusted by the mildewy bricks riddled throughout.
    Utonium is stumped, "Uhh. Why don't we-" Him gives him a disappointed look, "You don't know what you're doing, do you, Professor?" He looks away embarrassed, "No." he admits. "That's... fine." Him says, spotting a rat. Utonium goes back to his theory, "The scientific method would suggest-" he hears squeaking, "we should first decide on a question." He hears Him say something unintelligible, "Which in our case would be," he turns his back to the demon, "Where are the girls? Next is to research the topic area. That'd be these sewers. So, what's the layout of the sewers look like-" he hears extremely loud squeaking, "Let me just check on my-" he reaches for a mini-computer in his backpack, turning around to see- "WOAH!" Utonium shouts, jumping up. "That's a lot of rats!"
    Him smiles, "Do you like them? They should be able to scout out these sewers in no time." He looks proud of himself. Utonium has to ask, "Is this... ethical?" Him shrugs, "I have a problem and a ton of cheese... they have the solution." The science man uncoils, "Yes, but are they... mind controlled?" He asks. "Do you wanna find the girls or not?" Him snaps, making Utonium back away in fear. The demon giggles, "Aha. Sorrrrrrrrrry. I'm just not fond of sewers." Him awkwardly smiles. Utonium reluctantly gives in, "Just... let them go look for my girls."
    He looks around the sewer, waiting for Him to say something else. "Uuh..." Him begins, "They aren't mind controlled. I just... you know, asked them." He explains. Utonium looks away, the ability reminds him of Bubbles (S4E9). Him's favorite girl to pick on. (S1E3A, S4E2) "Bubbles can do that too." Him nods, "Bubbles... she's a sweet girl that one." The two note the long awkward pause. "So, uh, our talk," Utonium says, hands folded. "Yes, uhm, well," Him mutters, trying to seem confident, "I was just going to say... mb e I lyk yrr gls..." Him says, voice trailing off.
    "Pardon?" Utonium asks.
    "Maybe I lie kur grr s."
    "I'm not following."
    Him explodes, "MAYBE I LIKE YOUR GIRLS." He yells, "Maybe liking you made me soft on them." Utonium blushes, "Maybe?" He echoes. Him looks remorseful for his sudden outburst. "...probably." He grumbles, "I'm worried I've become a bad villain." Utonium feels a twinge of guilt.
    If he feels he's a bad dad and Him feels he's a bad villain... are they better separate? Should they just save the girls and end things while they're still young? (Younger.) Utonium loves everything about Him except the homicidal tendencies. He doesn't want another failed relationship.

    Utonium sighs. "Oh, Him. I know how you feel. I'm scared loving you means I'm... a bad father to them." Him looks up, his pink blush getting pinker, "Loving me?" He asks, a twinkle in his eyes. Though before the Professor can say a word, a rat squeaks at Him's boots. A paper in mouth. "Oh, squeak, squeak, squeak." Him says to the rat. He took a slice of cheese from behind his ear and handed it off to the rodent, "Squeak, squeak, squeeeeak." He winks, as it scurries off. "So?? What's it say?" Utonium asks, desperate for a clue. "Mr. Skitters says to wait for more." Him tells Utonium, taking the scroll from the rat.