Chapter 4

The Internet cafe was quite close to the school, and soon Liu Chuan returned to the dormitory.

Inside the dormitory, he was the only one left. Liu Chuan simply walked to the balcony, squinting his eyes to look at the distant night view.

The sky was already dark, and the warm yellow streetlights formed a string, like a golden chain encircling the entire campus. The dormitory buildings ahead were brightly lit, and it seemed like some college was hosting an event on the nearby square. Colored lights flashed on the high stage, and cheerful music occasionally drifted from the speakers.

Having been away for too long, he hardly recognized many places in the school anymore.

Liu Chuan couldn't help but smile and leaned on the railing, feeling the night breeze.

The warm yellow light on the balcony illuminated his sharply defined profile, and the corners of his lips, carrying a smile, gave people the illusion of being very approachable.

Unfortunately, only those familiar with him knew just how sinister this guy, who smiled all day long, could be.

His old friends all said: Liu Chuan's smiling face was too lacking in torment!

He looked like a decent person, but his style of playing games was despicable and vile. He often surrounded opponents with six or seven puppets, keeping himself far away. He schemed to make the puppets explode and kill the opponents, then spammed a row of gleeful smiley faces in the nearby chat... it was simply intolerable!

So, that group of people felt he deserved a beating no matter what he did. There were countless professional players who wanted to kill him a hundred times to relieve their resentment, but so far, no one had succeeded in defeating this top expert of the Tang Sect.

In the past, during matches between many teams and the Huaxia team, the captains' commands were almost always: Focus fire on Liu Chuan! Take down Liu Chuan! Kill Liu Chuan quickly!

Countless people probably hated him so much that their teeth itched, silently cursing him behind his back...

But at this moment, Liu Chuan leaned against the railing, enjoying the night breeze, squinting his eyes, feeling very happy.

Returning to the university campus, the impression his new dormitory mates from Room 301 left on him was quite good. The dormitory head, Li Xiang, was a kind-hearted fool, and several people in the dormitory played Wulin, which surprised Liu Chuan.

Back when he started playing Wulin, he actually played with his roommates.

At that time, Wulin had just entered open beta, there were no professional leagues, and no professional teams. Everyone just played games online, major guilds were constantly trash-talking in the world channel, and forums were full of discussions about various topics, from gossip to dungeon raids, boss fights, scenery showcases, and equipment displays. It was bustling!

Telecom District 1: Memories of Jiangnan.

It was where the oldest batch of veteran players gathered. Later, when he went to compete in the professional league with a few buddies, he stopped caring about what was happening in the online world. Thinking about it now, it was quite nostalgic...

As Liu Chuan was bored recalling old memories, suddenly, a rhythmic knocking sound reached his ears.

Knock knock knock...

Knock knock knock...

Knock knock knock...

The knocking sounded like a broken record, with the frequency and rhythm of the three knocks surprisingly uniform.