you have trouble eating (part one)

TW: eating disorder and self-harm

A/n: If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here to listen <3

Taylor Swift: Sister

You: Female & 15

Being Taylor Swift's sister meant you were under a microscope all your life, being judged and hated on. Many of your sister's fans loved you but many people also loved commenting on your looks and how you didn't deserve to be her sister. When you were younger, your family easily hid it from you and convinced you it wasn't true, but as you got older, you started to believe your brain more.

Taylor was coming back to Nashville after a long time and this was the first time you'd see her in two years. You tried to convince your parents to let you stay at your friend's house over spring break, but they said you had to stay home to meet Taylor again. You loved her but you left like you were a burden on her, just like the media said. You thought she would be happier if she wasn't bothered by you. Also, you started eating less and less because people online commented on your body, and Taylor would notice. Your parents and brother saw you often, so they weren't able to tell the difference, but Taylor definitely would be able to.

Your sister would be home in an hour and your parents just went to pick her up from the airport. You and your brother were on cleaning duty, making sure the house was spotless for when Taylor arrived. 

"Tin Man, I'm gonna head to my room," you say, walking away after he gives you a thumbs up.

You called him Tin Man as a joke because the last part of his name was Tin and you loved the Tin Man from the movie, Alice in the Wonderland. Of course he hated the nick name, but would you really be siblings if you didn't have bad nick names for each other?

You changed into some oversized clothes in attempts to hide your figure and you made sure the hoodie was long sleeves to hide the angry, red marks on your wrists. You nervously sat there as invasive thoughts invaded your mind.

What if you doesn't like me anymore? What if she's better off without me? What if she doesn't want to meet me? Is she really tolerating me because I'm her sister? Would she be happier if she didn't have to deal with me?

"Hey! Hey! Mom's been calling you for like ten minutes! Everyone's waiting downstairs. The table's all set up, we're waiting on you," Austin says, breaking you out of your thoughts before you spiraled.

You apologized before slowly sliding off the bed and trudging behind Austin. You hid yourself behind him as you went down the steps and into the living room. This wasn't hard because you were the shortest of your family, you were only 5'4. You peeked from behind Austin to see Taylor sitting there. She was wearing her own merch and her hair was tied back, she looked tired but really happy.

"Where is she?" Taylor asks Austin.

He steps aside and you shyly wave at Taylor before looking down at your feet. You sit in the only empty seat which was between Taylor and your mom.

"Hey, buddy," Taylor greets, as you sit down next to her.

Maybe she's just talking to me because it's the polite thing to do. She probably really hates me.

"Taylor said hi to you," your father reminds.

"Oh yeah, hi Taylor," you reply, not looking at her.

"Why're you so tensed? It's just Taylor, honey," your mother asks, rubbing your back.

"I'm not, mom. It's just been a long day," you say, and she believed your excuse.

Your mom made brisket and pot roast for dinner and attempted to make Taylor's famous chai sugar cookies for dessert and your dad brought vanilla ice cream to go with the cookies. While everyone went for more of the brisket and less of the veggies, you did the exact opposite. Veggies were a lot less calories so you could eat more of them. You had to eat more than usual until Taylor leaves so she doesn't suspect anything. Your plate was half filled with carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, brussels, and one thin slice of brisket. From your peripheral vision, you could see Taylor notice your plate with a concerned look, quickly masking it with a smile.