Chapter no.85 Alpha Beedrill

Start from the beginning

Kitty was finally evolving.

It was a combination of Shed Skin and evolution as two stingers erupted from the cocoon, followed by the body with the buzzing noise of the wings as Kitty flew up into the air, her two hand stingers glinting from the light.

Austin had to keep his jaw from dropping as Kitty looked much, much bigger compared to the Beedrill in the forest, almost dwarfing Butterfree.

Kitty seemed to be extremely happy as she flew around the field, enjoying the feeling of being able to fly.

Misty quickly ran to where Brock was as her face was pale at seeing the bee Pokemon while Brock looked surprised and intrigued by the size of the Beedrill.

"Whoa," Yellow said at seeing that as she took the Pokedex out.

"Chu," Pikachu said next to Austin in awe.

"Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokemon. The poison in this Pokemon can take down any opponent with its three poison barbs. Its best attacks always involve high speeds where they are nigh untouchable in the sky. Note-this particular Beedrill is an alpha Pokémon and a candidate for being a Queen in a Beedrill nest as the size and strength are bigger than normal." The Pokedex beeped, explaining the situation. "This Pokemon has learned the moves Fury Attack, Twineedle, Rage, Agility, Toxic Spikes, Brick Break, and Aerial Ace. The Ability has changed to Sniper."

'Hold up! Brick Break and Aerial Ace?!' Austin was caught off-guard by that as those were moves that a Beedrill couldn't normally learn by themselves. 'B-But how?'

Beedrill finally flew back down to the field, making it to the spot she was in less than a second, showing impressive speed.

Seeing that, Yellow remembered they were still in a battle and she also heard the added moves from the Pokedex. "Kitty quick use Aerial Ace!"

That snapped Austin out of his thoughts as he hurriedly snapped the Pokedex shut. "Butterfree use Confusion around you to shield yourself!"

"Fweh!" Butterfree moved quickly, but Kitty was much faster as she reappeared behind Butterfree in a split second right before air slashed into Butterfree, knocking him off center as he was trying to right himself.

Yellow followed up with a Fury Attack and this time Butterfree was ready, blasting the air around him catching Kitty with Confusion and he wasted no time in slamming Kitty into the tree.

Kitty shook her head right as a Psybeam slammed into her but she was still conscious.

'Just how strong did Kitty get?!' Austin thought wondering what was going on before Kitty glowed and seemed much faster. 'Crap she used Agility.'

Now Butterfree was having a much harder time keeping up as he idly wished she was still a Kakuna as he had an easier time fighting before a Brick Break slammed into his head, sending him to the ground where he fell unconscious.

"Butterfree is unable to battle, the winner is Kitty," Misty said surprised by the outcome but no one was as surprised as Yellow was.

"W-We won?" Yellow asked quietly.

Yes, she won against Austin before but that was in a tag battle alongside Misty against two of his newest Pokemon.

This was a one-on-one battle against his Butterfree who was with him since before she met him.

"Bzz!" Kitty flew around Yellow quickly, happy to have won before landing on her back, the stingers carefully around her side as its wings stopped buzzing showing them to be visible behind her while the back stinger was positioned to where it wouldn't hurt her trainer. "Zz Bzz."

Yellow couldn't help but smile as Austin walked up to Butterfree, as the bug woke up.

"Fweh?" Butterfree asked groggily, wondering what large Pokemon hit him.

"You did great Butterfree," Austin said to him before looking at Yellow with a grin of his own. "I have to say that was an amazing battle Yellow."

Their yellow smile got wider at that as she tried to ignore her face going red. "Thank you," She said to him. "For teaching me how to battle and-for everything."

"Feh." Butterfree righted himself as he flew to the top of Austin's head and nodded towards Kitty who let go of Yellow and flew over to him.

"Bzz." Kitty seemed to be poking her stingers together as Butterfree tilted his head in confusion by something she said.

Pikachu busted out laughing at Butterfree's expense, while Austin blinked before remembering how Kitty always acted around Butterfree.

'You have to be kidding me.' Austin thought with a twitch before chuckling. 'Like Pokemon like Trainer, I guess.'

That was also when he noticed how Kitty looked pretty banged up despite the win showing that while she could deal some damage, she was a glass cannon in taking it.

"So does anyone know why Kitty got so big on evolving?" Misty asked, all of them were sitting down now. "I've never seen a Beedrill that big before."

She was eyeing Kitty warily due to her bug phobia.

"It could be because of all the time she spent as a Kakuna," Brock hypothesized, his arms crossed. "Bug Pokemon typically spend a week in a cocoon to prepare their bodies for evolution, Kitty spent at least a month as a Kakuna. That probably had something to do with it."

Austin raised an eyebrow since they didn't know about the monster gene and alpha Pokémon. Well, he will tell them later about it.

'And a Beedrill's strength is the speed they're capable of combined with the Sniper ability enhancing critical hits, I'll have to work on my team's speed in the process.' Austin thought back to who he had with him.

Pikachu, Raticate, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Bulbasaur, and Charmander.

The three he had training were ready for Surge.

The battle for his third badge would be tomorrow.