Chapter no.84 Kitty's Evolution

Start from the beginning

"So if it was at the beginning of the battle she would've been able to use it?" Austin asked at hearing that.

"For now, when Raticate fully masters the attack she'll be able to use it whenever she wants," Misty told him, explaining the problem right now.

"I see." Austin mused looking at Raticate, to see that she did indeed look tired.

"Krabby on the other hand isn't strong enough yet to fight with your preferred battle style," Misty said catching his attention again. "You always hit hard and fast with your Pokemon, but Krabby's frame makes it hard for him to keep up, especially with him being the smallest of the team."

"So what do you suggest?" Austin asked bending down to look over his two Pokemon.

"Krabby can learn a move called Hone Claw, I would recommend that and then add it with your battling style," Misty suggested to him. "Hone Claw raises the physical power of the Pokemon using it, so it would help a lot."

.....

Austin was panting the next day, running with Brock, Misty, and Yellow through the beach.

The only one suffering from exhaustion at this point besides him was Yellow who was sweating badly.

Austin had Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Clefairy Charmander, and Squirtle running with him and they were fine-in fact they were having fun running with him, while Yellow only had Kitty out so she wouldn't be tempted to get on Dody to rest.

"Come on, just another mile to go," Brock said a little amused but he was also impressed because despite just starting four days ago, everyone was keeping up pretty well.

Pikachu showed off a bit by running backward earning a scowl from Squirtle as he attempted to do the same, only to trip and get stuck on his shell after rolling a bit, struggling to get back up.

Charmander and Clefairy went to help him up while Bulbasaur was chuckling at the turtle's plight.

Yellow was sitting under a tree with Kitty and Dody next to her with her sketchbook out as she was drawing a picture of Charmander, Bulbasar, and Squirtle as they were resting nearby.

Her drawing skills were getting better with each attempt and she was getting a little more confident with her skills before she felt Kitty move to surprise her as he never moved that much outside of battles anymore.

Placing her sketchbook down, she put a hand on Kitty's head and focused, her eyes widening in surprise.

Kitty was getting close to evolving.

Yellow frowned, biting her lower lip a bit as she felt excitement coming from Kitty because of her empathy ability.

Truthfully, she didn't know how she felt about Kitty evolving.

On one hand, she was happy that Kitty was excited about it, but on the other hand, it was a Beedrill and the swarm flashed through her mind as she thought about that.

"Something wrong?" Yellow jumped as Austin's voice broke into her thoughts earning a growl of annoyance from Dody who shifted in his sleep.

"Ash," Yellow said taking a breath to calm herself as he looked apologetic.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sneak up on you," Austin apologized sitting next to her causing her to feel nervous. "But you looked pretty deep in thought, so what's wrong?"

Yellow looked as if she was about to say nothing before sighing. "Kitty is getting ready to evolve." She explained causing Austin to blink.

"Hey that's great, to be honest, I'm surprised it took this long," Austin said before realizing something. "Wait, why is that bothering you?"

"I just... Kitty's next form is Beedrill right?"

Now Austin got it.

"It's not surprising you feel a little unsure after how I met you," Austin said bringing up the swarm. "But I don't think you have anything to worry about."

Yellow looked at Austin in surprise.

"It doesn't matter if Kitty becomes a Beedrill or not, she's still Kitty remember?" Austin grinned at her surprised face. "Think about all the good times you've had with her."

Doing just that, Yellow thought back to when she was given Kitty by Austin as well as how Kitty seemed to adore her and protect her in Mt. Moon and beyond, always trying her hardest to fight not caring if she was a Weedle or a Kakuna.

"You're right," Yellow said feeling a little ashamed by the small uneasiness she had about Kitty becoming a Beedrill.

"I think that no matter what you and Kitty will always be close to each other," Austin stood back up, brushing grass and dirt from his jeans. "Just remember all of the good times you have."

With that said, Austin went to get back to training before Yellow stood up making Dody growl again before he turned over, making himself comfortable. "Ash," She said making him turn back towards her to see a lot of determination on her face now. "I want to battle you."